Lonely Hearts Forum

Should the Lonely Hearts Forum be discontinued?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
This thread is reminiscent of many:
http://www.arrse.co.uk/cpgn2/index.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=87174#1745381

The original posts are either wahs or some "lamb to the slaughter". I would imagine that those threads that are not wahs are started by the type that put their photos in the gallery. They might have found themselves to be considered highly desirable on some dating site and expect the same from Arrse. As described here:

The_Snail said:
Stabby, I've got a live one for you.

I was chit chatting to someone last night (in chat strangely enough) and they pointed me towards Plentyoffish.

I had a quick shuftie at it, and oh my goodness my Guinness, its funny.

This afternoon, myself and another incredibly sensible member of arrse set ourselves up some profiles, and literally within 10 minutes I was getting PM'd by some right tools. Why on earth would squaddies put photos of themselves doing rufftie tufftie things on a dating website?

Anyway, the upshot is. It's full of pervs and deviants, I even got a PM from some 53 year old bloke in a frock with a glass of sherry in his hands asking me what I thought he liked doing in his spare time... Bizarre.

I did, however, find this little sweetheart mingeter who is gagging for it.

Within 3 hours of joining though, I'd received over 35 PMs and had been IM'd by about 20 blokes, I like looking at the photos though to see if I know anyone. I'm going to need back up soon though, I can't string these buggers along all on my own.

(Oh, and we sussed that there is no swear filter in the IMs!!)
Is it time that Arrse discontinued this pointless forum?

Thank you for the votes. So far 7 want shot of Lonely Hearts and 2 want to keep it. I know it isn't the most gripping topic, but I'd love to have some comments, especially from those who want to retain this forum. It just seems to me that the presence of this forum goes against everything else on Arrse. Or maybe I'm just old, bitter and twisted?

Sixty

ADC
Book Reviewer
The problem would seem to be less the ‘lambs to the slaughter’ and more some of the mongs on here who can’t actually restrict themselves from posting abusive drivel in reply.

The forum rules are clear and unambiguous; where’s the difficulty here?

Posting of general abuse/slagging/irrelevant comments in such threads is not welcome and will be deleted without warning or explanation.
Alles klar?

I've voted to keep it. It's very entertaining which I guess really is not the point!!

Looking back through it some good advice has been given too.

Girlie

I say keep it; if people want to use it for drivel, let them, it stops them from drooling all over the rest of the site. Though that does beg the question of what to do if someone has a genuine lonely heart ad!

Anyone who chooses the username ORAL_QUEEN and then proceeds to tell us that her nipples need sucking, is fair game.
I somehow doubt that she/he is the sensitive sort.

Sixty

ADC
Book Reviewer
sandmanfez said:
Anyone who chooses the username ORAL_QUEEN and then proceeds to tell us that her nipples need sucking, is fair game.
With respect; that isn't your call to make (nor is it mine) no matter how much you may wish it was so. Why do you get to decide who is fair game or not?

The moderator has defined the boundaries yet you and others continue to flout them.

Is it any wonder these posts are locked / holed?

As wishful and girlybiker have said, it is very entertaining, but perhaps it could be renamed as I cant see many people actually meeting (or wanting to meet for that matter!) anyone through this forum. Unless its smudge and he has his rohypnol handy, or they like having their back doors bashed in. In the meantime I'll spend the money I put by for my bridesmaid outfit on a bottle of brandy and continue to snigger at whats posted.

But what should we call it......

slightlytipsy said:
As wishful and girlybiker have said, it is very entertaining, but perhaps it could be renamed as I cant see many people actually meeting (or wanting to meet for that matter!) anyone through this forum. Unless its smudge and he has his rohypnol handy, or they like having their back doors bashed in. In the meantime I'll spend the money I put by for my bridesmaid outfit on a bottle of brandy and continue to snigger at whats posted.

Not sure. But for some posters it's obvious it isn't there 'heart' that's lonely. Maybe another forum needs to be added.... ?

slightlytipsy said:

I don't use rohypnol on all my victi.....girlfriends ;)

Unfortunatley not all of them are into an@l either :(

B_AND_T

MIA
Book Reviewer
slightlytipsy said:

Gagging For It Forum
God I'm Desperate Forum
Any Spare Army C0ck Going? Forum

The list is endless!

Sixty said:
sandmanfez said:
With respect; that isn't your call to make (nor is it mine) no matter how much you may wish it was so. Why do you get to decide who is fair game or not?

The moderator has defined the boundaries yet you and others continue to flout them.

Is it any wonder these posts are locked / holed?
Fair comment Sixty. In my defence, I tend to reserve my abuse for those whose posts on this forum read like phonebox callgirl ads, the more demure damsels usually get treated respectfully.

Couldn't give less of a fcuk if consenting adults want to use the Lonely Hearts forum to get laid (if that actually happens).

It doesn't bother me at all, and it won't bother you either if you don't click on it.

bovvy said:
This thread is reminiscent of many:
http://www.arrse.co.uk/cpgn2/index.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=87174#1745381

The original posts are either wahs or some "lamb to the slaughter". I would imagine that those threads that are not wahs are started by the type that put their photos in the gallery. They might have found themselves to be considered highly desirable on some dating site and expect the same from Arrse. As described here:

The_Snail said:
Stabby, I've got a live one for you.

I was chit chatting to someone last night (in chat strangely enough) and they pointed me towards Plentyoffish.

I had a quick shuftie at it, and oh my goodness my Guinness, its funny.

This afternoon, myself and another incredibly sensible member of arrse set ourselves up some profiles, and literally within 10 minutes I was getting PM'd by some right tools. Why on earth would squaddies put photos of themselves doing rufftie tufftie things on a dating website?

Anyway, the upshot is. It's full of pervs and deviants, I even got a PM from some 53 year old bloke in a frock with a glass of sherry in his hands asking me what I thought he liked doing in his spare time... Bizarre.

I did, however, find this little sweetheart mingeter who is gagging for it.

Within 3 hours of joining though, I'd received over 35 PMs and had been IM'd by about 20 blokes, I like looking at the photos though to see if I know anyone. I'm going to need back up soon though, I can't string these buggers along all on my own.

(Oh, and we sussed that there is no swear filter in the IMs!!)
Is it time that Arrse discontinued this pointless forum?
Your post sounds to me like there's a lot of c0ck about, but none of it is coming your way.

Keep Lonely Hearts open, it keeps the megofuglies out of the NAAFI!

Aww give some people a break. There's probably some real nice people out there who are genuinely posting on this forum but get the mick taken right out of them, but whos to say how many pm's they get? It can not be worse than some of the sites that are mentioned on this forum.
And no I'm not one of the people that do, but understand people than do. It's no weirder than meeting a person in a pub/club etc

The lonely hearts forum is awesome. If anything then it should be less regulated. Some of the funniest comments I've read have been in there.

My problem is that Scaryspice bird. She keeps sending me diiirrrttttyyyy photos and then deleting my posts.

Remember that slags need servicing too and we all need to squirt our man fat at something. It may as well be someone we met on tinterweb.

StabTiffy2B said:
The lonely hearts forum is awesome. If anything then it should be less regulated. Some of the funniest comments I've read have been in there.

My problem is that Scaryspice bird. She keeps sending me diiirrrttttyyyy photos and then deleting my posts.

Remember that slags need servicing too and we all need to squirt our man fat at something. It may as well be someone we met on tinterweb.
Shut up you boring virginal cunt.

I expect Scary would rather hack at her own labia with a rusty saw than send you messages of an amorous nature.

Lonely Hearts forum is no good for you, you couldn't even get Dale to let you lob one up her.......and she'd fuck a dog if it said she looked purty.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
phil245 Blue Jokes 3
phil245 Blue Jokes 3
phil245 Blue Jokes 3