Lonely Hearts Forum

Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by bovvy, Jan 22, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. This thread is reminiscent of many:

The original posts are either wahs or some "lamb to the slaughter". I would imagine that those threads that are not wahs are started by the type that put their photos in the gallery. They might have found themselves to be considered highly desirable on some dating site and expect the same from Arrse. As described here:

Is it time that Arrse discontinued this pointless forum?
  2. Thank you for the votes. So far 7 want shot of Lonely Hearts and 2 want to keep it. I know it isn't the most gripping topic, but I'd love to have some comments, especially from those who want to retain this forum. It just seems to me that the presence of this forum goes against everything else on Arrse. Or maybe I'm just old, bitter and twisted?
  3. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

The problem would seem to be less the ‘lambs to the slaughter’ and more some of the mongs on here who can’t actually restrict themselves from posting abusive drivel in reply.

The forum rules are clear and unambiguous; where’s the difficulty here?

Alles klar?
  4. I think the whole thing's amusing :)
  5. Why ban it. If you dont use it thats up to you but what harm is it.
  6. I voted keep it. Used properly the forum has a place on ARRSE.

Personally I read it for the entertainment value though! :D
  7. I've voted to keep it. It's very entertaining which I guess really is not the point!!

Looking back through it some good advice has been given too.

8. I say keep it; if people want to use it for drivel, let them, it stops them from drooling all over the rest of the site. Though that does beg the question of what to do if someone has a genuine lonely heart ad!
  9. Anyone who chooses the username ORAL_QUEEN and then proceeds to tell us that her nipples need sucking, is fair game.
    I somehow doubt that she/he is the sensitive sort.
  10. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

With respect; that isn't your call to make (nor is it mine) no matter how much you may wish it was so. Why do you get to decide who is fair game or not?

The moderator has defined the boundaries yet you and others continue to flout them.

Is it any wonder these posts are locked / holed?
  11. As wishful and girlybiker have said, it is very entertaining, but perhaps it could be renamed as I cant see many people actually meeting (or wanting to meet for that matter!) anyone through this forum. Unless its smudge and he has his rohypnol handy, or they like having their back doors bashed in. In the meantime I'll spend the money I put by for my bridesmaid outfit on a bottle of brandy and continue to snigger at whats posted.

But what should we call it......
  12. Not sure. But for some posters it's obvious it isn't there 'heart' that's lonely. Maybe another forum needs to be added.... ?
  13. I don't use rohypnol on all my victi.....girlfriends ;)

Unfortunatley not all of them are into an@l either :(
  14. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

Gagging For It Forum
    God I'm Desperate Forum
    Any Spare Army C0ck Going? Forum

The list is endless!
  15. Fair comment Sixty. In my defence, I tend to reserve my abuse for those whose posts on this forum read like phonebox callgirl ads, the more demure damsels usually get treated respectfully.