Lonely death of Private Dave Forshaw

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by polar, Oct 13, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Rest In Peace, m8.

Words escape me. but tears have come so easily.

2. RIP Private Forshaw

There needs to be a massive policy shift in post-deployment support for TA soldiers - another breach in the duty of care. "Welcome back to Britain, and RTMC Chilwell. Ta and all that. F*ck off." Its about time the powers that be treated TA welfare seriously. Decompression time and a proper mutual support network needs to be started, and PFQ.

3. ^He did say he knew help was available.

but RIP such a sad loss

4. We can't expect guys injured like this to fend for themselves though - yes, the help was available, but for whatever reason the poor guy didn't take it. My point is that help from the Army should be an active, rather than passive system - yes, it'll cost more, but even one death like this is one too many. There should be a mechanism whereby a bloke who'd served on the same tour should call on guys personally, have a pint or whatever, and check they are coping.

5. msr

msr LE

That's the job of the ROSO.

msr

6. RIP, life is harsh but those out there need proper help, how many more like this before they get it?...

7. A tragic story, RIP lad.

Ne Obliviscaris

8. Agree totally there sarnian, there is just a total lack of care post tour for these lads and lass’s but what can be done?

I would suggest that a deployment be extended to a year, with the individual TA Soldier or Unit becoming a Regular component of the deploying Unit at least 3 months before deployment and remain so for at least 3, maybe 4 months post tour to allow for a good wind down amongst people who been there, walked the walk and talk the talk so to speak, just what effect that would have on the employers I don’t know.

A lot could also be said for bringing the TA closer to the Reg Army with more combined trg etc and to allowing reservists to use the Military Medical system all the time but then we would have an even stronger case for Military Hospitals wouldn’t we...... and we all known the Governments answer to that one.

Sadly though, all this wont help Private Forshaw, RiP lad, sorry you were let down by the system, thoughts as always with family and friends.

9. Would that be the unfunded posts then?

10. msr

msr LE

The unfunded posts are the sub-unit WO ones, not the ROSO: http://www.arrse.co.uk/cpgn2/Forums/viewtopic/t=79580.html

msr

11. Shouldn't all of us be on the look out for warning signs. Hows about ditching one or two MATTS and adding something to help see the signs of stress.

12. msr

msr LE

Yes. Printed on 2 sides of TAM paper. Is there an aide memoire we could add to the e-nirex?

msr

13. RiP..... We need to try and ensure that this does not happen

RiP mate :cry: