Lone surviving Bee Gee knighted by senior member of the RAF

Barry Gibb knighted by Prince Charles in his finest RAF regalia.
_102211889_gibb_pa.jpg

Arise Sir Barry: Bee Gee is knighted
Considering Her Majesty knights people in her "everyday wear", Charles has options of what to wear. The question is, what military or regal outfit should Charles have worn when knighting?

Wrong brother (Gibb that is) for RAF recognition, given what Robin did for recognition for Bomber Command through the establishment of the memorial in Green Park.

The Gibb family of brothers were the backbone of the instigation of the Bomber Command memorial at the top end of Green Park by Hyde Park roundabout . Well I accept that I emphasise their importance a bit. There was a memorial book placed on one of the plinths for a long period seeking this very commendation. I passed it daily for a few years.

I'm genuinely pleased it's been realised for this family and Prince Charles choice of uniform was well considered .

I would suspect that HRH can wear anything he wants for honours ceremonies. It might be he wears what has come back from the dry cleaners. Could also be that it depends who the other honourees are that day. RAF if members of the RAF are on the day's list, RN if there are RN types getting honours. I would not dream of telling him what to wear.

I do wish that John Mayall could get an upgrade from his OBE. A legendary figure in music and at 84 not too many more opportunities to give him a K.

Wrong brother (Gibb that is) for RAF recognition, given what Robin did for recognition for Bomber Command through the establishment of the memorial in Green Park.
You are absolutely correct, however I regard them as a family and I considered it appropriate that this brother was honoured in Robin's memory.

The Gibb family of brothers were the backbone of the instigation of the Bomber Command memorial at the top end of Green Park by Hyde Park roundabout . Well I accept that I emphasise their importance a bit. There was a memorial book placed on one of the plinths for a long period seeking this very commendation. I passed it daily for a few years.

I'm genuinely pleased it's been realised for this family and Prince Charles choice of uniform was well considered .
I hope that Charles wore RAF uniform for that reason. Can be difficult to find reason to respect Charles at times

The Gibb brother's music was a testament to the modern RAF.

It was comforting in a motherly fashion, totally non threatening, very unfashionable and very, very fucking gay.

"Knight fever, Knight fever,
We know how to do it...."

Nar. I was Merchant Navy. The RN lot all did that sort of thing.
Only on the days when it was your turn in the barrel.

Remember that his uniform isn't entirely RAF. Those are army para wings he is sporting. Proper wings, unlike those worn by the RN Submarine Parachute Assistance Group.

Only on the days when it was your turn in the barrel.

Remember that his uniform isn't entirely RAF. Those are army para wings he is sporting. Proper wings, unlike those worn by the RN Submarine Parachute Assistance Group.
Charles's wings are well deserved, two variant courses and all that. Ah come on the SPAG group require no explanation you mischief maker despite that photograph. :)

Last edited:
Good on the Bee Gee in the pic and all concerned. Whether you like their music of not they did well and along with their support of Bomber Command and all the involved crew recognition is surely deserved.

When though will it be this guys turn? He deserves some recognition I am sure.