Lone Nepali Gorkha who subdued 40 train robbers

Discussion in 'Gurkhas' started by RCT(V), Jan 26, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just received the following from my son, a former Officer of Ghurkhas . . . for those who know and/or have served with the “Scary-Little-Men”

2. As you guys say here "nails"
  3. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

Good job it didn't happen here, the cps would have prosecuted him for carrying a knife and for three murders and multiple assualts!

Jai Mahakali, Ayo Gorkhali
  4. With due respect to all worthy Gurkha soldiers, particularly the one reported above, I did a tour of FI with a troop (+) of gurkhas attached to my squadron. On the whole they proved to be a bunch of lightweights that on first sight of harsh weather would don 1157s and collectively go sick. On personal experience, I'll not be joining the love-fest.
  5. Are there any Ghurka members members of ARRSE, or are they all playing the puggies in The Rose and Crown?
  6. More likely the indian scribe [journo] wasn't fully briefed on what happened.
    The later story and the fact he has been highly decorated and returned to service suggests
    that he is indeed a very gallant gorkha.
  7. Yes, no doubt the journo wasn't briefed about the dead bodies, the alleged attempted rape and and the injuries that the arrested were supposed to have.

But maybe, also, the Indian Army haven't been fully briefed about the Sourya Chakra, Bravery Award that he was supposed to have been awarded on Republic Day (yesterday) as his name is mysteriously missing from the list of recipients
    List of Sourya Chakra recipients Republic Day 2011

Believe me, had he really been awarded it, or the Sarvottam Jeevan Raksha Medal as claimed, it would have been all over the Indian media and it ain't.

If the story of the awards is false, then you can be assured that the talk of the other perks is fantasy too, as they form part of the award.

Were the actions of this man true, I would certainly applaud him but all the signs are that this man larged thing up considerably himself, and it was subsequently embroidered in the usual highly creative fashion of Nepalese media.
  8. Saw the broadcast with my friend Shobh Raj. Could barely stop him kicking off. Brilliant, but forget the 'Bollywood' appeal of the story, I know my friend and his community, and would hazard the fact that the boys are definetaly up for it.