London's burning

This would be the rattan that grows and is widely used in areas much hotter than the UK and has never been known to spontaneously combust, no?

Bet the dozy bovine is a smoker who is more than a little careless about where it litters.
I'm in two minds about this.

On the one hand, rattan furniture isn't remarkably different to a compost heap and compost heaps are known to spontaneously combust.

On the other hand, a £400 set of rattan furniture is probably not the best base for a £2.50 disposable barbecue.

Please do. I haven't called anyone a sphincter suckling coprophiliac for a while now.

I caught a, bunch of drugged up hippies leaving a barbecue still burning, drinks cans, broken glass, and food waste in a local park, they tried to fob me off with somebody else is paid to clear it up
I detest that attitude and I had a similar situation last week.

There are people paid to administer medical attention to people, is it OK if I fill you in then?

Whilst flicking through the youtube offerings I came across this little snippet on a fire in 1973 on the Isle of Man. Perhaps I wasn't paying much attention back then but I was not aware of this one, however the list of failings around materials, fire exits, training etc. seem so familiar...

Whilst flicking through the youtube offerings I came across this little snippet on a fire in 1973 on the Isle of Man. Perhaps I wasn't paying much attention back then but I was not aware of this one, however the list of failings around materials, fire exits, training etc. seem so familiar...

It was three Scousers who started it.

Grownup_Rafbrat

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor

See also Lakanal House ...

The new front doors of houses in Norway open outward, you can tell who are foreigners by the way they nearly get knocked on their arses when they visit someone.
Intersting, I am actually surprised by that, the only dispensation to allow exit doors to open outwards in the Building Code of Australia is in Alpine areas, the theory being that snowdrifts can build up outside, preventing the door being opened in an emergency.

No photos of her giving head either .
Thank me later.
kg.jpeg

Yes, I remember that. There was a horrendous photo in the papers of a body slumped against the burning wall panels, ISTR they were perspex or something like that.

Londo

LE
Yes, I remember that. There was a horrendous photo in the papers of a body slumped against the burning wall panels, ISTR they were perspex or something like that.
Have just posted this on another thread . People running out with their clothing on fire and loads of gawpers can't be bothered to help them .

Have just posted this on another thread . People running out with their clothing on fire and loads of gawpers can't be bothered to help them .
This is dreadful and the media here (Thailand) is full of it. I haven't finished trawling through forums yet, but the expat consensus seems to be that, dreadful as it is, after a couple of days of activity normal jogging will be resumed. Unless there is effective legislation backed up by an inspection regime which is not susceptible to 'brown envelopes' this will happen again. It has, after all, happened before in Bangkok and Pattaya.

This article gives a fair bit of detail and the comments are often valid (for a change):

CaptainRidiculous

On ROPS
On ROPs
Seems to be the way of the world these days.
Friend of mine was a medic in the military, and afterwards became a paramedic type.
Now in his 50s, he is no longer 'front line', but does know his onions.
He arrived at an accident scene one evening when on his way home, and where two tosspots had run out of road/talent, and smashed their shitbox souped-up hatchback into a wall.
He reckons the smash must have happened 3-4 minutes beforehand, and there were a crowd around the car, taking vids/pictures.
He jumps out his car, dons hi-vis, grabs med kit, and approaches - "Has anyone called an ambulance? The Police? Fire service?"
The crowd of mongs look at him like he has two heads.
He raises his voice: "Has anyone called an ambulance? The Police? Fire service?"
Nope.
So he does. Obviously he has all the 'instant' numbers on his phone, thus bypassing the standard call-centre bollocks.
As it turns out, the two guys were both dead.
He did a cursory check, realised they were toast, and awaited the Emergency Services.
Later it emerges he was right - HIS was the first call received from the scene.

Latest Threads