London's burning

Cladding not involved this time?
I could be wrong but the photo seems to show a tower without a lot of space for external cladding. Perhaps they got to it before the chimney effect really got going, but it would be interestin g to hear whether the stay in place advice was still in place or were the residents evacuated as the first action.

I wonder how the evacuatin went in terms of getting people out of the building without panic or injury?

I could be wrong but the photo seems to show a tower without a lot of space for external cladding. Perhaps they got to it before the chimney effect really got going, but it would be interestin g to hear whether the stay in place advice was still in place or were the residents evacuated as the first action.

I wonder how the evacuatin went in terms of getting people out of the building without panic or injury?

A very good question. Have the media not covered that bit?

no multiple deaths or **** ups, job went smoothly,not newsworthy
Oh dear. Nothing for Dame Doreen Lawrence to criticise the ‘racist’ Fire Service then?

Whoever approves this . Make sure they have to live in it .
When some tall apartment blocks were constructed in communist Russia, it was found that there was no lift shafts, and so the architects was made to live in the top floor flats, while they built on new shafts, took about a year. :applaud:

Last edited:

TamH70

MIA
Whoever approves this . Make sure they have to live in it .

Agreed.

And Sitex in the windows and concrete in the door. Leave a hatch for food delivery and laundry, making him pay over the odds for both, naturally. And just for shits and giggles, insulate the walls for noise and pump in Spice Girls, Little Mix, Coldplay, The Beatles, and Skrillex into the flat 24-7 via armoured speakers.

I'd give him a fortnight before he used the lid of a soup-can to slit his wrists from the crook of his elbow to the base of the thumb.

Londo

LE
When some tall apartment blocks were constructed in communist Russia, it was found that there was no lift shafts, and so the architects was made to live in the top floor flats, while they built on new shafts, took about a year. :applaud:
Brilliant solution and I hope the lift shafts were built at the architects expense .

Brilliant solution and I hope the lift shafts were built at the architects expense .
Communist Russia, everyone was employed by central and local government, for the collective good. no favorites....unless you were a city functionary or politburo member......bit like all governments really............. ;)

Latest Threads