London's burning

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
Read that, but not one of the complainers took on the task of cleaning up the landings or fire escapes, just very good at making a point after the event.

I'd like to see records of how all these prescient complaints were made and to whom....
My reading of the article was that he wrote to the council in his official capacity as chairman of the residents association in advance of what happened.

If a contractor made a mess in the street outside your house or obstructed your access would you:

a - tell them to sort it out, and if they chinned you off call the number on his van and tell his boss he’s a c’nt, or
b - sort it out yourself?

My reading of the article was that he wrote to the council in his official capacity as chairman of the residents association in advance of what happened.

If a contractor made a mess in the street outside your house or obstructed your access would you:

a - tell them to sort it out, and if they chinned you off call the number on his van and tell his boss he’s a c’nt, or
Film it , get a witness or two , clean it up myself and then invoice the contractor , simples.

Nothing to do with what the residents did of their own accord, no sireeee

1618989797667.png

Taken from the Grenfell Action Group own page, the paragraph below seems to blame everyone else but themselves for dumping the rubbish

In recent weeks TMO staff allowed a quantity of household ‘bulk’ rubbish to accumulate, including old mattresses, in the temporary entrance foyer of the tower. This accumulation constituted a potential fire risk and a danger to residents. The TMO area manager and her staff were slow to react and no-one had been bothered to organise the clearance of this rubbish.

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer

Take your point. You miss mine.
Why only mention it now? What did he say and how?
And you missed options a2 tell the press. A3 gather your neighbours into a work party to clean up their mess from the stairs and landings and A4 contact your MP, fire service, buildings insurer...

Nah, best write one letter, do nothing when it's ignored and make yourself famous being wise after the event.

Slime

LE
Take your point. You miss mine.
Why only mention it now? What did he say and how?
And you missed options a2 tell the press. A3 gather your neighbours into a work party to clean up their mess from the stairs and landings and A4 contact your MP, fire service, buildings insurer...

Nah, best write one letter, do nothing when it's ignored and make yourself famous being wise after the event.

Are we talking about Sir Kier Starmer?

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Nothing to do with what the residents did of their own accord, no sireeee

View attachment 567061

Taken from the Grenfell Action Group own page, the paragraph below seems to blame everyone else but themselves for dumping the rubbish

In recent weeks TMO staff allowed a quantity of household ‘bulk’ rubbish to accumulate, including old mattresses, in the temporary entrance foyer of the tower. This accumulation constituted a potential fire risk and a danger to residents. The TMO area manager and her staff were slow to react and no-one had been bothered to organise the clearance of this rubbish.
Looks like one of the shithole nations . I wonder how it's not the fault of the rubbish dumpers .
The attitude in town with filling alleyways with rubbish is a jolly head wiggle and " council take" head wiggle.

Looks like one of the shithole nations . I wonder how it's not the fault of the rubbish dumpers .
The attitude in town with filling alleyways with rubbish is a jolly head wiggle and " council take" head wiggle.
Tower Hamlets I believe.. so yeah, one of any number of shite hole nations.

Tower Hamlets is the council district. The fire is at - Providence Wharf which is in the vicinity of Canary Wharf.
It was a tasteless tongue in cheek joke.

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
A copper I used to know, termed it
Council Estate Mentality
its somebody elses problem, said he got fed up walking through the estates and finding rubbish dumped by residents by garages, alleys of front or rear gardens, oftne traced it to a particular resident, but they didnt want to know

Latest Threads