London's burning

When it's finally demolished, which in my humble opinion it will have to be, it's going to take some doing given the surroundings.
Or will the locals campaign for it to remain as a permanent "memorial"?

When it's finally demolished, which in my humble opinion it will have to be, it's going to take some doing given the surroundings.
Or will the locals campaign for it to remain as a permanent "memorial"?
Excellent idea, we could call it The National Scapegoats Monument.

Awkward:

If I have read this correctly, one of the organisations that have asked for immunity is Kensington and Chelsea Tenant Management Organisation, one of the council-appointed Board members being the fragrant Emma, Dent and Coad.

Though her board membership ended on 31 October 2012, she still had a presence on various planning and property scrutiny committees from 2013 to 2017-curiously, all of which ceased in June 2017.

If you listen closely, I'm sure that you can hear some serious bum squeaking in the background . . .

Awkward:

If I have read this correctly, one of the organisations that have asked for immunity is Kensington and Chelsea Tenant Management Organisation, one of the council-appointed Board members being the fragrant Emma, Dent and Coad.

Though her board membership ended on 31 October 2012, she still had a presence on various planning and property scrutiny committees from 2013 to 2017-curiously, all of which ceased in June 2017.

If you listen closely, I'm sure that you can hear some serious bum squeaking in the background . . .
Why would they need immunity? It was all the Fire Brigade's fault, wasn't it?

Londo

LE
Awkward:

Truth be told Emma Bent Toad might have been in that fire herself with that face that looks like a melted welly .

syrup

LE
Awkward:

In Fairness half the residents of Grenfell want immunity for immigration offences and other stuff.
Only person who didn't get any immunity was the Fire Brigade Chief.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
If the companies don't get the protection they request then there is no way this Inquiry will ever fully get to the bottom of the issues. The Inquiry Chair may feel that is OK as the criminal cases could bring out the issues which will then be dealt with (I hope) OTH, the Chair may just adjourn the whole affair until such time as the PPS or CPS, whichever it is nowadays, decide if there are criminal charges to be answered.

There is a danger that we are left in a situation where the Prosecuting Service are waiting for the outcome of the Inquiry whereas the Inquiry are waiting the outcome of court cases.

If the companies don't get the protection they request then there is no way this Inquiry will ever fully get to the bottom of the issues. The Inquiry Chair may feel that is OK as the criminal cases could bring out the issues which will then be dealt with (I hope) OTH, the Chair may just adjourn the whole affair until such time as the PPS or CPS, whichever it is nowadays, decide if there are criminal charges to be answered.

There is a danger that we are left in a situation where the Prosecuting Service are waiting for the outcome of the Inquiry whereas the Inquiry are waiting the outcome of court cases.
Nelson Mandela walt

In Fairness half the residents of Grenfell want immunity for immigration offences and other stuff.
Only person who didn't get any immunity was the Fire Brigade Chief.
What happened to the bloke that started it?

Interesting, a bit of a chicken and egg situation there, deciding on any charges without the results of the inquiry. AIUI, Coroner's inquest, Inquiry and any prosecutions have to run in a certain order.

I guess the companies could claim a "right to remain silent" if they don't get their immunity?

Londo

LE
What happened to the bloke that started it?
Still driving round in his uber I would think .
I want to know what happened to his next door neighbour . Who he told about the fire before he did a legger who next day told the papers it was a tall white man wot dun it .

MoleBath

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Update on the London Freemasons buying 2 super aerial appliances. The original 55m platforms will now be 64 metre platforms. Apart from a rescue cage the platforms can deliver a range of payloads including daylight or TI cameras ,rope rescue equipment and foam equipment.AS LFB were able to include the order in other fleet acquisitions there is enough money to pay for 6 support vehicles as well

Dicky Ticker

War Hero
Update on the London Freemasons buying 2 super aerial appliances. The original 55m platforms will now be 64 metre platforms. Apart from a rescue cage the platforms can deliver a range of payloads including daylight or TI cameras ,rope rescue equipment and foam equipment.AS LFB were able to include the order in other fleet acquisitions there is enough money to pay for 6 support vehicles as well
Great, I just hope there's enough space to drive them down the streets and round the corners....

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
DB_Cooper Army Reserve 279
MoD_RSS Royal Air Force 0
Mr_Fingerz The Intelligence Cell 76

Latest Threads