London's burning

MoleBath

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
I saw that being discussed on the news this morning.
She’s already gone early, despite no direct culpability being attributed to her personally. Perhaps those people were expecting buttons torn off her uniform and people turning their backs as she walked past?
No sword to break in half so do disgraced firemen (and women) carry a cut in half hose as a mark of shame ?

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Oh behave!!!!!
I am trying to sell my house in MK.
After it is sold and contracts exchanged etc, I don't care if the place is NUKED.
Write in the advert, "suitable for conversion to a mosque."

Your neighbours will be queuing to buy it.

Write in the advert, "suitable for conversion to a mosque."

Your neighbours will be queuing to buy it.
I told my gob shite neighbours (that I have not got on with for 20+ years), that I have sold my house to a Drug Rehab Center as a Halfway House.

When they complained about falling property prices and anti-social behaviour etc, I said look on the bright side it will be easier for your no hope druggie Kids to visit you.

Funny they did not see that as a positive point.

Dicky Ticker

War Hero
Manager at firm responsible for Grenfell fire alarms is jailed Manager at firm responsible for Grenfell fire alarms is jailed
Interesting but perhaps not really relevant. The bloke was responsible for farming out the work which he did by lining his pockets, that does not mean to say he was responsible for sub-standard or completely inept work on the part of the subcontractors.

Unless it can be proved that he used deliberately used subcontractors who had been proven to do sub-standard work previously it is just a space filler story using the Grenfell tagline to get some attention.

Interesting but perhaps not really relevant. The bloke was responsible for farming out the work which he did by lining his pockets, that does not mean to say he was responsible for sub-standard or completely inept work on the part of the subcontractors.

Unless it can be proved that he used deliberately used subcontractors who had been proven to do sub-standard work previously it is just a space filler story using the Grenfell tagline to get some attention.
Classed it as a an English late goal

Newly-appointed Grenfell Tower fire inquiry panel member Benita Mehra has resigned after she was linked to the charitable arm of a firm which supplied the block's deadly cladding. They just can't keep their heads down, can they.

Grenfell Tower inquiry member resigns

I guess we should just appoint Stormzy and be done with it as apparently knowing anything is a very poor substitute for being 'down with the community'.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
DB_Cooper Army Reserve 279
MoD_RSS Royal Air Force 0
Mr_Fingerz The Intelligence Cell 76

Latest Threads