London's burning

Grenfell Sinners Update:

Total sinners:16

Latest sinner: Alvin Thompson

Amount scammed: £89000

Total scammed to date: £798831.35

Extra points for wearing a Black Lives Matter tshirt to court.

'and will return for sentencing tomorrow ' any bets on him absconding?

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

London Fire Brigade are reinstating proper ranks to replace the Tesco Titles of recent years.

Ranks with 'Leading Firefighter', 'Officer' and 'Commander' and the like in them. Like military / naval units, a Fire Brigade is, at the tactical and operational levels, commanded, not managed. Tesco is managed, a hotel is managed. ( The Tesco Title jibe is mine, not the Commissioner's. )

It remains to be seen if other Brigades ( let's call them 'Brigades') follow LFB's example. And while I'm ranting, the media need to know that, unlike police of all ranks, not every Firefighter is an Officer.
I think that most brigades/FRS’s have decided that it would be too expensive and convoluted to unpick now. It would mean changing everything from written SOP’s to issuing new items of uniform and PPE. I agree though about the difference in terms between managing and commanding. You’ve got New Labour and egregious HR departments, coupled with uniformed sycophants who could neither lead, command or indeed manage to thank for the PC terminology.

Brentford Travelodge: Dozens evacuated from major fire in west London Dozens evacuated from London Travelodge fire

will they put “the survivors“ into flats in Kensington?
There's something odd going on with Travelodge. Have a look back at how many fires they have had in the past couple of years. Waterloo in February, Southwaite, Carslisle in April, Aberdeen in May, Gatwick in October last year. Those are just the ones that came up in a quick search. There may be more. Cribb's Causway fire in July was a Premier Inn.

There's something odd going on with Travelodge. Have a look back at how many fires they have had in the past couple of years. Waterloo in February, Southwaite, Carslisle in April, Aberdeen in May, Gatwick in October last year. Those are just the ones that came up in a quick search. There may be more. Cribb's Causway fire in July was a Premier Inn.
Lots of guest turnover who may be plugging stuff in that shouldn't be?

I always thought it strange that a senior officer could mistake "Good morning Reichsmarschall, what devious plans for world domination do you have today" as anything other than humour.

Lots of guest turnover who may be plugging stuff in that shouldn't be?
Usually. I was evacuated from the TL at Twickenham last year when some Irish rugby supporters thought it's be a good idea to bring a toaster with them in the room but burnt the toast. Thankfully nothing more than smoke.

I've seen reports that this one started in the garbage area of the church next door. Given the number of times I've seen the usual motley collection of Polish, Romanian, Irish and British builder having a smoke before just flicking the stub over the walls in places, I'm surprised it's not more common.

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer

Unlikely to be missed, though as Khan is appointing the replacement we'll probably get a black transgendered arsonist that self idenifies as a box of matches as a replacement.
Needless to say there was this in the article

'Grenfell United, the bereaved families and survivor group, said: “This change in leadership is needed to keep Londoners safe. Sir Martin Moore-Bick raised serious concerns that the London fire brigade was an institution at risk of not learning the lessons of Grenfell.'

We must remember that each and every one of those involved in that group is considered an acknowledged expert in all things which might affect the outcome of the Grenfell disaster.

My own personal feeling is that the inquiry must lead to massive compensation for all those who just might have been involved. That's the impression I get anyway.

I wonder who Moore-Thick is connected to?

Nice to see the political lynch mob carries more influence than the expert witnesses. I am becoming more convinced this whole pantomime is an orchestrated deflection from the responsible parties.

Needless to say there was this in the article

'Grenfell United, the bereaved families and survivor group, said: “This change in leadership is needed to keep Londoners safe. Sir Martin Moore-Bick raised serious concerns that the London fire brigade was an institution at risk of not learning the lessons of Grenfell.'

We must remember that each and every one of those involved in that group is considered an acknowledged expert in all things which might affect the outcome of the Grenfell disaster.

My own personal feeling is that the inquiry must lead to massive compensation for all those who just might have been involved. That's the impression I get anyway.

This is totally wrong, whilst it must be admitted that there were errors made in both the (re)-construction of the building and the Fire Brigade training to deal with such incidents.

The removing the 'Head of Shed' is politically motivated. I hope that DANY COTTON takes them to the employment tribunal or is suitably compensated. I trust the FBU rank and file will support her.

If this is the policy of the 'LONDON COUNCIL', then perhaps there should also be a campaign to remove the 'SPINELESS HEAD OF SHED' of the 'LONDON COUNCIL', i.e. heres your P45 & directions to the job centre Mr Khan and don't let the door slam on your arrse on the way out.

Last edited:
The LFB management aren’t having a great time at the minute. I expect that the HMICFRS report had a part in the erstwhile commissioner going early:

London Fire Brigade 'slow and wasteful'

Matt Parr, HM Inspector of Fire and Rescue Services, said of the LFB: "Many of its projects are wasteful, projects get started and stalled. The organisation as a whole is slow to learn.
"We are absolutely not criticising every firefighter in London - there are lots of people who are very dedicated.
"But what it doesn't leave you with is the impression that the organisation is well-run and where value for money is top of their agenda."

Well least the chief left with thanks from her union ( I do love a woman in uniform).

On a more serious note, there is A popular opinion she’s been hung out to dry, scapegoat by our favourite mayor and cronies.

689740C7-ADF0-4D63-ACC1-A613F06710C7.jpeg

Well least the chief left with thanks from her union ( I do love a woman in uniform).

On a more serious note, there is A popular opinion she’s been hung out to dry, scapegoat by our favourite mayor and cronies.

View attachment 439085
If only she was also black

Slightly digressing, 2 and half decades ago LFB did a trial of a helicopter. In this case it was then McAlpines (now Airbus Helicopters Uk) provided a MbB Bk117C1. It was fitted with FLIR and searchlight..eye in the sky, command post et al worked for a while.

In the last decade the likes of Avon and Somerset Fire used an Airbus Helicopters H145. Based at Bristol Fulton.

Think LFB May have done another trial with an H145...

anyhow throw back to RIAT 2013, then Eurocopter U.K. put on a parapublic airborne angels demo. One of the participants was Fire demo H145 (my photos) to deliver the fire crews to the trauma.

cheers

4461007F-6973-4165-A8CD-54663B40780C.jpeg
3C8046F1-B9AB-46A0-9004-CEB3129329B6.jpeg
6E18B1D6-7FFC-4ABD-A540-2FE4A06881E0.jpeg
01B30505-909C-4C20-89CB-5A8E48C39245.jpeg

Could it be to do with the prevalence of timber- framed buildings, these days ?

Fire- traps......

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
DB_Cooper Army Reserve 279
MoD_RSS Royal Air Force 0
Mr_Fingerz The Intelligence Cell 76

Latest Threads