London's burning

Im guessing it’s a new in the country doktah , 4rd sub let sharing with 15 other families who’s 6th hand cooker wrapped in tin foil and grease is the cause.
Not a fridge, then?

Another sad reflection of how this country sacrifices its heroes on the altar of weaponised victimhood...
And more likely to follow:

It's good that this country doesn't deem somebody to be above the law by virtue of their profession.

Awol

LE
And more likely to follow:

It's good that this country doesn't deem somebody to be above the law by virtue of their profession.
Can anyone argue that the FB didn't do their level best to save lives? If there were procedural errors then by all means hold an internal inquiry, but a criminal investigation against firefighters that entered this?

grenfell-tower-fire6.jpg

A cynic might wonder whether or not Commissioner Cotton is starting to wish she'd spent more time focusing on operational preparedness and a little less writing opinion pieces on Fireman Sam.

Can anyone argue that the FB didn't do their level best to save lives? If there were procedural errors then by all means hold an internal inquiry, but a criminal investigation against firefighters that entered this?

View attachment 417387
the error was taking away FB fire prevention officers with legal powers, and replacing with fire risk assessments, HTAF in this day and age does a block of flats have one staircase, be it protected or not

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
I hope that the Met are also looking into the building management's team with the same charges lingering especially corporate manslaughter and gross negligence manslaughter.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Can anyone argue that the FB didn't do their level best to save lives? If there were procedural errors then by all means hold an internal inquiry, but a criminal investigation against firefighters...
To save lives, dunno. To prevent the risk to life, I'd have to know the procedure to determine whether a fire has been fully extinguished. My suspicion is that either the procedure wasn't followed or the procedure was inadequate. One way or another, somebody seems to have been negligent. They may or may not have entered the inferno but that's not relevant.

To save lives, dunno. To prevent the risk to life, I'd have to know the procedure to determine whether a fire has been fully extinguished. My suspicion is that either the procedure wasn't followed or the procedure was inadequate. One way or another, somebody seems to have been negligent. They may or may not have entered the inferno but that's not relevant.
If they’d left the building and declared the incident closed; there would have been a clear case for negligence. Two in 24’s as they are known (leaving a fire scene when it’s not properly extinguished and being called back to it) tend to result in serious interviews without coffee at the best of times, let alone where there has been injury or loss of life. That didn’t happen, what did happen was the fire spread in ways that it shouldn’t have.
The standard fire fighting procedure in high rise buildings across the UK at the time of Grenfell was entirely predicated on the building fire precautions working as they’d been intended to. As others have pointed out, the problem occurs when you start de-regulating because it’s “bad for business” or it involves lots of “unnecessary red tape” and all the other euphemisms employed when people want to start making cuts and revoking or blunting legislation. Legislation, much of which had its basis in tragic historical precedents or lessons hard learned.

Last edited:
I would not read too much into this at this time, it is only an interview under caution.

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
Another sad reflection of how this country sacrifices its heroes on the altar of weaponised victimhood...
The police need someone to blame to appease the bereaved and survivors among others. After all you can't really expect those responsible for the building being an incinerator to be blamed in any way.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
DB_Cooper Army Reserve 279
MoD_RSS Royal Air Force 0
Mr_Fingerz The Intelligence Cell 76

Latest Threads