London's burning

No, really? Any fire generates ash and debris, and a lot of that dust and debris will be toxic because of the combustion process. Not to mention the chance that when it was originally built the tower probably contained building materials that are not currently approved. Asbestos anyone....?
My building has asbestos in it. And it's pretty much everywhere. As an example, all the landing flooring tiles contain it, and there are seventeen landings. Which is why we are not getting new landing flooring tiles as the process of dealing with all that entails would be quite... high.

No, really? Any fire generates ash and debris, and a lot of that dust and debris will be toxic because of the combustion process. Not to mention the chance that when it was originally built the tower probably contained building materials that are not currently approved. Asbestos anyone....?
Yep, a lot of the folks who attended 9/11 are suffering or popping off early, most uk frs are now looking at the whole PPE thing with decon at the fire ground and dirty kit being bagged up and put in a locker no more going back in dirty kit

Yep, a lot of the folks who attended 9/11 are suffering or popping off early, most uk frs are now looking at the whole PPE thing with decon at the fire ground and dirty kit being bagged up and put in a locker no more going back in dirty kit
But how will people know how salty and badass I am if I can't cut about in filthy kit that hasn't been washed since God was a lad? /s

Its a criminal offence because its "offended" those on the Left. If these chaps had burnt an effigy of Boris J, Maggie, HM or some other non-approved person, it'd have merely made some light-hearted congratulatory comment on the BBC and media...

I'm not even being facetious.

p.s. does anyone have the list of effigies burnt over past few years at Lewes, and across the nation on Nov 5th? Presumably there are Gigabits of video footage online. Must be a few hundred thousand criminal cases due there, if my contention is wrong.
It should be a doddle for the defence, then.

It was hardly spur of the moment to have a mock up tower 'lying around'. Complete with people in the windows.

a judge should make them go to the tower and have a good look.
I guess those involved in St Skyscrapers Day should be invited to Ground Zero to have a good look.

I'm in if someone's paying the air fare (not cattle class though...), as New York is somewhere I've never been except transiting through JFK.

Government to pay £200m for safer cladding

The £200m bill to replace Grenfell Tower-type cladding on about 150 private high-rise blocks in England is to be met by the government. TAX PAYER
Well that's a spankingly good lesson to give to freeholders. 'Already made good on your f up by recladding the building? Hahaha, mug!'
'Spent 18 months charging your leaseholders a fortune for Nbongwe the 'fire warden' to nod off on a chair in the corridor and done f all about the dangerous cladding you used? Have a load of taxpayers cash lads!'

We desperately need a party worth voting for by the next GE.

What was that complaint by that Occassional Cortex lassie in the US "People are more concerned about being factually correct than morally right"? I'd rather they had a fire design engineer than someone with an "international reputation in housing and participatory design and planning". Tell us what went wrong on the night, not how we should have made it more inclusive and environmentally friendly.

What was that complaint by that Occassional Cortex lassie in the US "People are more concerned about being factually correct than morally right"? I'd rather they had a fire design engineer than someone with an "international reputation in housing and participatory design and planning". Tell us what went wrong on the night, not how we should have made it more inclusive and environmentally friendly.
They already have and it’s compelling

They already have and it’s compelling

Ah but clearly the report has not come to the right conclusions, it is not sufficient to be correct and factual. The conclusion being this was a complete cluster; from the residents committee to emergency procedures.

We have now drafted in experts with the correct political agenda to reach the right conclusions and find someone to blame, who is not in the public sector.

YM

Ah but clearly the report has not come to the right conclusions, it is not sufficient to be correct and factual. The conclusion being this was a complete cluster; from the residents committee to emergency procedures.

We have now drafted in experts with the correct political agenda to reach the right conclusions and find someone to blame, who is not in the public sector.

YM
Heh.
The expert witnesses (I think five of them) merely describe the original build plus the modifications. A lot of it - all the videos are on YouTube.

There’s a lot of it but worth watching. That building was lost as soon as that fridge caught fire.
Interesting that most of the gutter press has ignored exactly what the experts have said and latched onto “easier to unnerstann shite” about the response by LFB...

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
DB_Cooper Army Reserve 279
MoD_RSS Royal Air Force 0
Mr_Fingerz The Intelligence Cell 76