• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

London's burning

should not the positive pressure have prevented inward seepage, and 2 what have LFB got against personal lines
The PP works to a point but if not careful in maneuvering in confined spaces. I would suggest someone needs fitting with a size 9 ******** for not using correct proceedures.

I’m going to play devils advocate (again).
Yes S.O.P’s and best practice advise clipping on to your oppo using personal lines in a smoke filled structure or fire compartment with limited visibility, in order to avoid team members becoming lost or separated, adherence to that would probably have prevented anyone losing their partner if indeed that’s what happened, it would also have made for very slow progress in a time critical situation. The article stated that the crew manager in question (and doubtless his partner too) was tasked to go up to floor 22 using extended duration BA, presumably from the bridge head on the second floor at the worst high rise fire in UK history. I imagine that given the circumstances best practice went out of the window to a large extent.

I’m going to play devils advocate (again).
Yes S.O.P’s and best practice advise clipping on to your oppo using personal lines in a smoke filled structure or fire compartment with limited visibility, in order to avoid team members becoming lost or separated, adherence to that would probably have prevented anyone losing their partner if indeed that’s what happened, it would also have made for very slow progress in a time critical situation. The article stated that the crew manager in question (and doubtless his partner too) was tasked to go up to floor 22 using extended duration BA, presumably from the bridge head on the second floor at the worst high rise fire in UK history. I imagine that given the circumstances best practice went out of the window to a large extent.
To be fair had he reached the 22nd it would have been even more vital to maintain contact with his oppo, as 100% guarenteed each would have been the only person up there capable of evacuating the other in the event of them being incapacitated.

Its not like form 13b got wrongly filled out afterwards, maintaining contact was clearly essential in that environment.

Big fire at Atherstone, county brigade with little experience of large fires and a long history of H&S notices, four dead firefighters.

When I was in the job I had a contempt for the rule up to a point, a few points separating in fires being top of the list.

I'm no accountant, but this might prove humorous to someone who understands all this witchcraft, especially in light of the figures above:
https://www.rbkc.gov.uk/sites/default/files/atoms/files/2017-18 Statement of Accounts AUDITED FINAL.pdf

There seems to be a lot of red ink though.
Looking at cash flow, the fire has increased their cash flow from £8,725,000 to £103,198,000 (page 80).
I’m not an accountant, but seems strange they use red to show income and black expenditure, apart from the cash flow statement when it reverses.
The accounts department must be doing a Scrooge mcduck and diving into the cash.

Its not like form 13b got wrongly filled out afterwards, maintaining contact was clearly essential in that environment.
And yet the guy and his oppo both walked out, him having having performed rescues. I’m sure there was a large element of luck involved and things could have gone horribly wrong but it was one of those once in a lifetime scenario’s.

There really does need to be a Judicial Enquiry into the administration that is running this mess.
Yes there does, however I bet you that it won't happen.

Looking at cash flow, the fire has increased their cash flow from £8,725,000 to £103,198,000 (page 80).
So the cash which everyone is stealing is coming out of our pockets, not just the local councils. A fire gets you an extra 95 million? Maybe Northampton should lob a box of matches into one of their apartment blocks?

Updated numbers, now with tariffs:

Mohammad Gamoota: 6,784: 1.5 years
Joyce Msokeri: 19,000: 4.5 years
Anh Nhu Nguyen: 12,500: 1.75
Elaine Douglas+Tommy Brooks (double award) 125000: 6.25 years
Abolaji Onafuye: 32,500: Pending
Koffi Kouakou: 24,572: Pending
Abdelkarim Rekaya: 60,000: Pending
Yonatan Eyob: 92000: 3.33 years
Sharife Elwhabe: 93230: No data
Derrick Peters: 40,000: 6 years
Jenny McDonagh: 62,000: No data
Antonio Gouveia: 53,456: 3.16 years
Moses Ettienne: 40,000: Pending

Total amount: £643,942
Average amount per person: £45,995
Average amount trial: £49,534
Average prison time: 3.78 years:

It's curious that no-one has reported on two of those. Google gave me nothing about the case apart from the charge details.

seaweed

LE
Book Reviewer
What matters is that the PM felt EXTREMELY GOOD after giving away that money.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Elwhabe, who have his address as a hotel in Chelsea, west London, will next appear in court at Isleworth Crown Court on July 23
At least he won't be able to skip the country, the thieving twat got remand.

At least he won't be able to skip the country, the thieving twat got remand.
Can't win. It'll cost more than £80000 to keep him in jail for 3 years.

It seems a shame that these miscreants can't be sentenced to fines measured in organs rather than pounds.

No data on their tariff, or when they are to be charged. All the others have that info available online. I thought that would be obvious from the context.
On the 30 August 2018 The Daily Telegraph tells us;
"McDonagh, who appeared in the dock wearing a large green coat and showing little emotion as the details of her offending were relayed to the court, was granted conditional bail yesterday and is due to be sentenced at Isleworth Crown Court next month"
So any day now perhaps?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
DB_Cooper Army Reserve 219
MoD_RSS Royal Air Force 0
Mr_Fingerz The Intelligence Cell 76