• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

London's burning

For shits and giggles, because I have nothing else to do, the numbers have been updated, with at least four more still under investigation.

Mohammad Gamoota: 6,784
Joyce Msokeri: 19,000
Anh Nhu Nguyen: 12,500
Elaine Douglas+Tommy Brooks (double award) 125000
Abolaji Onafuye: 32,500
Koffi Kouakou: 24,572
Abdelkarim Rekaya: 60,000
Yonatan Eyob: 92000
Sharife Elwhabe: 93230
Derrick Peters: 40,000
Jenny McDonagh: 62,000

Total amount: £550,486

Well we're over half a million now.
Equally because I was bored, that figure is equivalent to 245 houses Council tax payments. This is based on the average price of a house across the entire borough, which lands squarely in band H. Looking at the numbers Is suspect every house in the borough comes in at band H (although no idea on flats, although there's not so many of those in the area now...).

I'm no accountant, but this might prove humorous to someone who understands all this witchcraft, especially in light of the figures above:
https://www.rbkc.gov.uk/sites/default/files/atoms/files/2017-18 Statement of Accounts AUDITED FINAL.pdf

There seems to be a lot of red ink though.

A question, isn't the rise in council tax actually capped as a % by government? It still makes me wonder how much they spent, if they've lost half a million on just fraud alone.
Normal council tax increase capping goes to 2% under normal rules, above that figure the council tax payers have to be polled by referendum to agree higher figures. It was changed earlier this year by PMTM to 6% across the next 3 years to cover social assistance for our old people's homes. I believe that is 6% per annum.

For shits and giggles, because I have nothing else to do, the numbers have been updated, with at least four more still under investigation.

Equally because I was bored, that figure is equivalent to 245 houses Council tax payments. This is based on the average price of a house across the entire borough, which lands squarely in band H. Looking at the numbers Is suspect every house in the borough comes in at band H (although no idea on flats, although there's not so many of those in the area now...).

I'm no accountant, but this might prove humorous to someone who understands all this witchcraft, especially in light of the figures above:
https://www.rbkc.gov.uk/sites/default/files/atoms/files/2017-18 Statement of Accounts AUDITED FINAL.pdf

A question, isn't the rise in council tax actually capped as a % by government? It still makes me wonder how much they spent, if they've lost half a million on just fraud alone.
You can add another 53 000 to that. This one is called John Smith, honest

‘Disgusting’ Grenfell Tower fraudster claimed he escaped blaze to rack up a £43,710 hotel bill | Daily Mail Online

Thank you... Updated numbers:

Antonio Gouveia: 53,456

Total amount: £603,942

In other news relating to Grenfell, did anyone see this little story:
Missing plans 'hampered Grenfell rescue'

Now I don't know my CDM rules and regs, but that's an issue for, say, the managing agents... right?

Thank you... Updated numbers:

Antonio Gouveia: 53,456

Total amount: £603,942

In other news relating to Grenfell, did anyone see this little story:
Missing plans 'hampered Grenfell rescue'

Now I don't know my CDM rules and regs, but that's an issue for, say, the managing agents... right?
There is some outstanding scrabble scores in your list

Yeah Eyob is on the list, I totalled the amount he got, and there was another 10K or so in sundries.

He's actually in second place, just being pipped by Sharife Elwhabe, who beat him by a measly £1230.
But as a convicted drug dealer "community youth worker" he should be moved up the list shirley?

But as a convicted drug dealer "community youth worker" he should be moved up the list shirley?
He should have held his nerve and stayed in a hotel 3 more nights, then he'd have been the highest scoring, and within spitting distance of 100k.

Bit of a display of LMF there, he could have been the table leader, and maintained that lead for most of the year, but he bottled it.

Another one for you, innocent until proven guilty etc

Police charge 14th person of Grenfell Tower fraud after he 'claimed food and lodgings' | Daily Mail Online

Moses Etienne, 48, will appear in court accused of obtaining food and accommodation following the tragic blaze in June 2017 that killed 71 people

I did the job for 32 years and was a BA Instructor. Losing your oppo is the equivalent to pointing a rifle at your mate and asking if it is loaded.
Hmmm, having done the job for almost as long as you did, I’m not sure it’s quite so cut and dried. There have been firefighter fatalities in the last two-three decades where one half of the BA team got out with no blame apportioned (quite rightly) to the survivors or the deceased, there’s also a world of difference between knowingly separating to expedite a search (not procedures but definitely happens) at jobs and losing your partner. As I said maybe its misrepresentation of the actual events.

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
DB_Cooper Army Reserve 219
MoD_RSS Royal Air Force 0
Mr_Fingerz The Intelligence Cell 76