London's burning

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
50 people rescued from the blaze and 550 have been traumatised by watching it on twiiter
At least the local pub opened which was a bit of a result!

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Oh look; another example of our society being enriched, or rather one member of it:

A man has pleaded guilty to claiming £81,000 in money and accommodation by falsely saying he lived in Grenfell Tower before the devastating fire.

At Westminster Magistrates' Court, Yonatan Eyob, 26, from Notting Hill, admitted fraud by false representation.

He was charged with dishonestly making a false representation for accommodation and subsistence between June 2017 and June 2018.

Oh look; another example of our society being enriched, or rather one member of it:
I'm actually amazed how much money the council are willing to throw at people over this. £92,000, and That's gone completely.
Yet when I applied for JSA earlier this year one has a fairly high burden of proof, and there was a bit of a waiting time before they said yes. That was for a measly £100 or less a week. Yet a bloke shows up, says he was a Grenfell, and BANG here's nearly £1800 a week

Surely the first question would be
"Mr Eyob, you're claiming for support due to living at Grenfell tower?"
"Yes."
"What flat number please?"
"147" (Or whatever it was)
"Can you prove it? for example a bank statement you obtained from your bank after the fire with your address on? Or in any other way?"
"No"
"Ok, we'll get back to you in a couple of days."

A few days later.

"Mr Eyob, how come your name isn't on the child tax credits of the family that live at flat 147?"

Instead after line 4 it seems to be, "Here's £8,000 income per month". My point is, why weren't any checks carried out, because we all know we'll never see that cash back. Heck he'll get a couple of years in prison. Reduced tariff for pleading guilty, and a reduced tariff for good behaviour.

So that's a massive wedge of cash, for under a year in prison. You can see why its done.

I wonder how long we will have to wait before the administrators are hauled up to court/public enqiry/ HoC committee to explain their "governance issues". They seem to have all the comliance ability of Batmanbarmy.

I'm actually amazed how much money the council are willing to throw at people over this. £92,000, and That's gone completely.
Yet when I applied for JSA earlier this year one has a fairly high burden of proof, and there was a bit of a waiting time before they said yes. That was for a measly £100 or less a week. Yet a bloke shows up, says he was a Grenfell, and BANG here's nearly £1800 a week

Surely the first question would be
"Mr Eyob, you're claiming for support due to living at Grenfell tower?"
"Yes."
"What flat number please?"
"147" (Or whatever it was)
"Can you prove it? for example a bank statement you obtained from your bank after the fire with your address on? Or in any other way?"
"No"
"Ok, we'll get back to you in a couple of days."

A few days later.

"Mr Eyob, how come your name isn't on the child tax credits of the family that live at flat 147?"

Instead after line 4 it seems to be, "Here's £8,000 income per month". My point is, why weren't any checks carried out, because we all know we'll never see that cash back. Heck he'll get a couple of years in prison. Reduced tariff for pleading guilty, and a reduced tariff for good behaviour.

So that's a massive wedge of cash, for under a year in prison. You can see why its done.
The council official who dealt with the claim should get an interview without coffee,and then maybe a P45.
I'm not holding my breath though.

I'm actually amazed how much money the council are willing to throw at people over this.
It does seem a shame that RBKC didn't erect a load of Corrimecs in one of the parks instead of paying for hotel accommodation. At least then they would have got some of the money back in Council Tax.

It does seem a shame that RBKC didn't erect a load of Corrimecs in one of the parks instead of paying for hotel accommodation. At least then they would have got some of the money back in Council Tax.
This is why 'the council has failed to rehouse the victims'. What would you rather do, a) live in a 4 star hotel with food thrown in and free travel or b) live in a flat, having to clean it and pay for gas, electric, food etc?

Sent from my Lenovo TB2-X30F using Tapatalk

This is why 'the council has failed to rehouse the victims'. What would you rather do, a) live in a 4 star hotel with food thrown in and free travel or b) live in a flat, having to clean it and pay for gas, electric, food etc?

Sent from my Lenovo TB2-X30F using Tapatalk
I heard the Dent-Coad female interviewed on the 'Today' programme yesterday morning.
Apart from her usual political diatribe, she was whingeing about:
A) How wrong it was for the Grenfell site to be handed back to the Council now that Plod has finished with it as a crime scene; and
B) How 'unbelievable' it was that the Council has told those who have refused to be rehoused several times that they accept a rehousing offer or they're out on their ear and allowances stopped.
I'm still waiting for her to appear before the Inquiry and/or her to appear with gyves on her wrists should she be charged under the corporate manslaughter charge she mentioned in the same interview.

I heard the Dent-Coad female interviewed on the 'Today' programme yesterday morning.
Apart from her usual political diatribe, she was whingeing about:
A) How wrong it was for the Grenfell site to be handed back to the Council now that Plod has finished with it as a crime scene; and
B) How 'unbelievable' it was that the Council has told those who have refused to be rehoused several times that they accept a rehousing offer or they're out on their ear and allowances stopped.
I'm still waiting for her to appear before the Inquiry and/or her to appear with gyves on her wrists should she be charged under the corporate manslaughter charge she mentioned in the same interview.
If Dent-Coad is so keen for them to be rehoused,maybe she could take some in.