London's burning

The people who died in Manchester were mostly ,if not all,white and British. And the ethnicity of the bomber is well known. The Tory haters,and the usual Lefty celeb suspects have been strangely quiet about that one.
(If I'm going on about it too much,let me know).
Yes mate. It's barely been mentioned since. It certainly wasn't the main item on every news broadcast I heard on the anniversary this week, for instance, while there definitely wasn't a memorial service in Manchester, a national silence or a concert to remember the event that evening. Jeremy Corbyn (in his capacity as Chief Tory Hater) absolutely did not tweet about it either.

if you feel its unfair/dangerous to be housed in a chimney /fire trap etc pack thy shit and fo preferably to whence thou washed up from or seek accommodation that is worthy of your occupation at your own non subsidised expense.

Yes mate. It's barely been mentioned since. It certainly wasn't the main item on every news broadcast I heard on the anniversary this week, for instance, while there definitely wasn't a memorial service in Manchester, a national silence or a concert to remember the event that evening. Jeremy Corbyn (in his capacity as Chief Tory Hater) absolutely did not tweet about it either.
The point I was trying to make was that before last week,what happened up here has hardly a massive news item. By contrast the fire has barely been off our screens for the best part of a year.

The point I was trying to make was that before last week,what happened up here has hardly a massive news item. By contrast the fire has barely been off our screens for the best part of a year.
The fire is the subject of an ongoing investigation and the very real possibility of dozens and dozens of people dying because of Government/council penny-pinching. That's why it's an ongoing news item while a terrorist incident where everyone knows what happened and why isn't.

The fire is the subject of an ongoing investigation and the very real possibility of dozens and dozens of people dying because of Government/council penny-pinching. That's why it's an ongoing news item while a terrorist incident where everyone knows what happened and why isn't.
The cops are still investigating up here,as well.
I should have added that my comment was in response to a comment about the amount of media coverage the fire has had.
Let's call it a draw,and move on.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
if you feel its unfair/dangerous to be housed in a chimney /fire trap etc pack thy shit and fo preferably to whence thou washed up from or seek accommodation that is worthy of your occupation at your own non subsidised expense.
I get what you're saying. But we shouldn't have dangerous accommodation. Grenfell shouldn't have burned like it did. End of. Other matters should indeed be taken into consideration by the individual.

I reckon the Grenfield grief whoring will put the scousers to shame!
Yes but they have 'Alfies Army' so their Army is bigger than theirs. Scousers have battled hard over centuries for the title 'Grief City of The *Wirld' so these 'Grenfill lot have hundreds if not thousands or as the fragrant one would mumble Carrilions of tragedy to get anywhere near
* Wirld as in a whiney scouse accent for World

Not that I've seen it of course but I suspect that on camera Sir Martin can be seen looking thoughtful and making notes as the "tributes to the dead" etc are trotted out. In truth I suspect he is probably doing the Times crossword and gritting his teeth as the cliches are repeated ad nauseam. If I was there I think I might start a "Cliche Bingo" with the admin team; words such as "devastated" and "hero" should be worth a mere 1 point each. Longer and more up market grief whoring such as "a light has gone out" or "will never be forgotten" go to 5 points. All points are doubled if accompanied by tears and doubled again if acknowledged by a round of applause from the mongs gallery.
May I suggest a candel as first prize,thats propper grief symble at its best. "A light went out that night" =10 points

Ooh, cutting. One would almost think you got your full four hours sleep last night to come up with cutting barbs like that.
not at all. It was quite simple. How would you go about planning for a evacuation of such a tower? Points will be awarded for your research on other similar events. Ie trump tower.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
DB_Cooper Army Reserve 235
MoD_RSS Royal Air Force 0
Mr_Fingerz The Intelligence Cell 76