London's burning

Not that I've seen it of course but I suspect that on camera Sir Martin can be seen looking thoughtful and making notes as the "tributes to the dead" etc are trotted out. In truth I suspect he is probably doing the Times crossword and gritting his teeth as the cliches are repeated ad nauseam. If I was there I think I might start a "Cliche Bingo" with the admin team; words such as "devastated" and "hero" should be worth a mere 1 point each. Longer and more up market grief whoring such as "a light has gone out" or "will never be forgotten" go to 5 points. All points are doubled if accompanied by tears and doubled again if acknowledged by a round of applause from the mongs gallery.
Don't forget "victim blaming".

That's bound to come up, though I doubt the phrase "illegal immigrant" will raise its head above the (smoke blackened) parapet.

Not that I've seen it of course but I suspect that on camera Sir Martin can be seen looking thoughtful and making notes as the "tributes to the dead" etc are trotted out. In truth I suspect he is probably doing the Times crossword and gritting his teeth as the cliches are repeated ad nauseam. If I was there I think I might start a "Cliche Bingo" with the admin team; words such as "devastated" and "hero" should be worth a mere 1 point each. Longer and more up market grief whoring such as "a light has gone out" or "will never be forgotten" go to 5 points. All points are doubled if accompanied by tears and doubled again if acknowledged by a round of applause from the mongs gallery.
I suppose playing 'Candle in the Wind' might not be appreciated.

Heart string TV

Any result other than evil tory cost cutting killed all those (poor brown for max emphasis) innocents will be unacceptable

Reports of Doors held open by crap will be quashed
Reports of Corridors blocked by flammable crap will be quashed
Reports of shite piled in communal areas will be quashed
Reports of illegal fixtures and fittings will be quashed

Only events and conditions not attributable to the residents will be (allowed to be) considered -
And also that cladding on flats was a quick fix for CO2 targets.
Then our Jeremy goes up on stage at Glastonbury banging on about justice for Grenfell, if I remember rightly.
(Stood above a Greenpeace banner. Oh, the irony).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heart rending scenes here at the enquiry today as heartlessness continues to prevail. After yesterdays tragic playing of footage of Grenfell Tower, as opposed to an uplifting tower, possibly with a lovely Princess living in it, the victims may have hoped for better today. However it was not to be as shocked survivors looked on stunned as Moore-Bick calously revealed, without a trigger warning, not only was Bambi's mum shot, but that she didn't make it. Attendees reacted in horror, hurling themselves through windows wailing and tearing at their hair, only pausing briefly to make solemn and dignified compensation claims for this latest horror.

The taxi bill is already starting to rack up as these poor traumatised victims are entitled to get themselves ferried from their hotels to the hearing so they can wail and weep for the TV cameras

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
The taxi bill is already starting to rack up as these poor traumatised victims are entitled to get themselves ferried from their hotels to the hearing so they can wail and weep for the TV cameras
C'mon, you can't expect them to walk to the inquiry, they have to get all teary eyed before stepping out in public. You can't do that walking down the street, but a good kidney punch or slap in the back of a cab sorts all of that out before they meet the cameras on the way in.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

I'm sure our cynicism will be laid to rest on day 42 when 'Stormzy' is due to blas' a cap into a biatch to symbolically illustrate the thermodynamic breach potential of an excessive window frame to core structure gap.

Don’t disagree with any of that, but inevitably, the media and certain elements in society are controlling the agenda here. It’s the (Americanised) society we have become, ever since the People’s Princess was laid to rest.
Add in the poor ‘refugee’ element and you have the perfect storm.
Don´t forget muslims or as Sad Khan says ¨MuSSlim´s¨

Is it just me, or would a tower block-full of dead middle class whiteys not carry quite the same grief mileage? As I understand it, this is going to get wheeled out every year now for the rest of time... like Stephen Lawrence - another evil Tory bastard conspiracy.

Is it just me, or would a tower block-full of dead middle class whiteys not carry quite the same grief mileage? As I understand it, this is going to get wheeled out every year now for the rest of time... like Stephen Lawrence - another evil Tory bastard conspiracy.
Give it another 5-10 years and the roll of 'survivors' will be about 200 000, much like Hillsborough.

Not unlike the survivors dinner for the 'noble 600', when 800 turned up. :rolleyes:

The people who died in Manchester were mostly ,if not all,white and British. And the ethnicity of the bomber is well known. The Tory haters,and the usual Lefty celeb suspects have been strangely quiet about that one.
(If I'm going on about it too much,let me know).

The people who died in Manchester were mostly, if not all, white and British. And the ethnicity of the bomber is well known. The Tory-haters, and the usual Lefty celeb suspects have been strangely quiet about that one. (If I'm going on about it too much, let me know).
And that badger will be getting an annual airing too. There's nothing quite like continually dredging up tragedy to heal the wounds of trauma. I'm sick of the whole bloody lot of it.

Should this country ever be unfortunate enough to suffer a real catastrophe? I don't mean Princess Qty x1 (Deceased), a few trampled spectators or BBQ'd ethnics, but a real, ocean-going, nuclear-powered, weapons-grade, industrial-strength disaster. There won't be enough teddies or lampposts to go around.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
DB_Cooper Army Reserve 245
MoD_RSS Royal Air Force 0
Mr_Fingerz The Intelligence Cell 76