London's burning

Any word on the similarly-clad flates in the New Lodge? I recall a load of mucks on TV gurning about how they couldn't sleep for worry etc etc.
I think the Housing Executive checked all their properties soon after Grenfell.

I think the Housing Executive checked all their properties soon after Grenfell.
The cladding was deemed safe on all Housing Executive properties.

The journo doorstepping the people came across as a desperate tosser. An inquiry has just started yet he's chasing individuals asking 'Are you responsible for the 72 deaths?' and asking why they won't answer his questions.

Proper journalism at its finest
I completely agree with where your coming from regarding the journo's behaviour.

Regardless the claims are astonishing. Lets remember alot of firefighters risked there lives that night in that blaze for something that seems to have been avoidable.

seaweed

LE
Book Reviewer
I'm hoping there is a bit of focus on the alleged refusal by the management committee to install sprinklers, given that the residents had a majority on that committee (or so I seem to have read).

Heart string TV

Any result other than evil tory cost cutting killed all those (poor brown for max emphasis) innocents will be unacceptable

Reports of Doors held open by crap will be quashed
Reports of Corridors blocked by flammable crap will be quashed
Reports of shite piled in communal areas will be quashed
Reports of illegal fixtures and fittings will be quashed

Only events and conditions not attributable to the residents will be (allowed to be) considered -

Families walk out as Grenfell video shown

What the actual f...? What did they expect to be shown at an inquiry into a fire? This is a farce.
As a senior representative for the Society for the Enrichment of Lawyers I feel this is clear breach of these poor souls human rights and I and my colleagues will be calling for an immediate enquiry into what went so catestrophically wrong so early in this enquiry. We will of course be happy to conduct the enquiry enquiry in the interests of justice*

*subject to our usual massive fees natch.

Not that I've seen it of course but I suspect that on camera Sir Martin can be seen looking thoughtful and making notes as the "tributes to the dead" etc are trotted out. In truth I suspect he is probably doing the Times crossword and gritting his teeth as the cliches are repeated ad nauseam. If I was there I think I might start a "Cliche Bingo" with the admin team; words such as "devastated" and "hero" should be worth a mere 1 point each. Longer and more up market grief whoring such as "a light has gone out" or "will never be forgotten" go to 5 points. All points are doubled if accompanied by tears and doubled again if acknowledged by a round of applause from the mongs gallery.

And 50 points if Moore-Bick pauses, peers over his glasses and thanks them for their moving testimony, and announces 'If I can borrow from the modern vernacular it sounds to me in no small terms that he was very much the useless parasitic cnut of Hearts.'

Last edited:
I like "Meretricious". The word has merit I feel, and may well be misunderstood which would at least provide some entertainment and amusingly plausible deniability if any of the bereaved bothered to look it up in the dictionary.

Anyone think Sir Michael played an ace asking for, not 1 minute, but 72 seconds silence before opening proceedings?

Before the usual bloke had the chance.
I suppose we should be thankful that they didn't demand 72 minutes silence. That would have got a tad tedious very quickly.

Not that I've seen it of course but I suspect that on camera Sir Martin can be seen looking thoughtful and making notes as the "tributes to the dead" etc are trotted out. In truth I suspect he is probably doing the Times crossword and gritting his teeth as the cliches are repeated ad nauseam. If I was there I think I might start a "Cliche Bingo" with the admin team; words such as "devastated" and "hero" should be worth a mere 1 point each. Longer and more up market grief whoring such as "a light has gone out" or "will never be forgotten" go to 5 points. All points are doubled if accompanied by tears and doubled again if acknowledged by a round of applause from the mongs gallery.
I'd expect the Inquiry members to refrain from whooping when they called "House!" though...

Anyone Labour like Emma Dent-Coad with a dodgy link to Grenfell will be omitted from the report
Thinking (urgh) of her, does anybody know why her silence on the subject, over so many months, is due to her having been warned off for the criminal investigation and that any comment she makes will be sub judice?

Thinking (urgh) of her, does anybody know why her silence on the subject, over so many months, is due to her having been warned off for the criminal investigation and that any comment she makes will be sub judice?
Sitting on the management committee and having a background with an interest in architecture I'd expect her to be a SME. As she's demonstrated a tendancy to shoot from the lip, particularly re: The Royal Family and pretty risible comments generally, I'd be very surprised if she'd be capable of STFU sub judice or not.
I can't believe she's beyond blame, or even some culpability, but I think she's got a massive sense of entitlement and self importance which leads her to saying some of her pretty venomous statements.
I reckon her getting called to make any testimony will be good theatre, both comedy and tragedy (solely hers I hope).

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
DB_Cooper Army Reserve 283
MoD_RSS Royal Air Force 0
Mr_Fingerz The Intelligence Cell 76