London's burning

Most likely the 4 on the tenancy agreement were living there and the rest have jumped on the compo bandwagon.
Or as sometimes happens, they are seasonal workers in places such as Eurodisney, and sublet while working away, or as has also happened in the past, they have social housing in several other countries and its part of their property portfolio

ugly

LE
It will probably be renamed something inspiring to all the doctors, scientists and engineers of Grenfell such as Mandela Tower
Zuma tower surely?

Or as sometimes happens, they are seasonal workers in places such as Eurodisney, and sublet while working away, or as has also happened in the past, they have social housing in several other countries and its part of their property portfolio
1 with a long record of fraudulent claims a few more already registered at other addresses and another one who registered his driving license there months after the fire.

1 with a long record of fraudulent claims a few more already registered at other addresses and another one who registered his driving license there months after the fire.
it beats me that in these days of technology and high speed data, the relevant councils and authorities cannot set up a common database to cross check details
the insurance companies used to be like this with cars, and many years ago it was not unknown for a car to be insured with two companies and claims made with both
also they did not like swapping information
nowadays its commonplace and they have a crooks register as it where

and another one who registered his driving license there months after the fire.
Just to fan the flames, if you were living in temporary accommodation, at what address would you register your driving licence? While there is the potential for fraudulent activity, such an action may not necessarily be underhand. I presume that the Royal Mail still has a facility for redirecting letters temporarily.

Just to fan the flames, if you were living in temporary accommodation, at what address would you register your driving licence? While there is the potential for fraudulent activity, such an action may not necessarily be underhand. I presume that the Royal Mail still has a facility for redirecting letters temporarily.
Personally I'd register it at my temporary accommodation if possible then change it when I found somewhere permanent,what I wouldn't do is register it at a condemned building.

Depends how you look at it.
If he's reached the age of 70 (45 for LGV) or it's reached it's 10 expiry point for a photo license and it's expired he probably just renewed it using his old address.
Anything else and you would wonder why he's done it.
It's £1000 fine to have the wrong address on your driving licence.
Easy enough to check
Although it does seem strange considering how many people where asking where they should get back cards etc sent in the first few days and collection points were being arranged.

I note Emma Dent Coad has opened her big fat mouth again bleating at the council for spending money on keeping people in accommodation.

"Emma Dent Coad, who is the local Labour MP, said: ‘Taxpayers will be shocked to hear that our wasteful and incompetent council has already spent nearly £30million keeping survivors and bereaved families in hotels."

Jezza, you've got one job. Keep her mouth shut.

(Oh wait, that should be two jobs, the other one being stop being so far up your pal Putin's backside that you look like a suppository. He ordered a chemical weapons attack on exiles from his country and a British city got contaminated. Deal with it.)

Where would the survivors have stayed whilst these tower blocks were being built?

I think that's the point what are they wanting to suit their need's
The council says they've spent £235 million on 307 homes
That's £765, 000 per house?
What are they buying and what are the remaining ones holding out for?
One minute they are living 15 to a flat and now nothings suitable?

They should contact Lenny Henry, see if he can get those cheap hotel rates hes always advertising
s I understand it, it's not just the overnight costs it includes all meals and drinks.
Some will obviously stay because the are getting fed etc for free and I assume trousering their benefits into the bargain.

From that link:
Kensington and Chelsea Council confirmed three doors were tested and provided "less protection than guidelines recommend", but said test results are "as yet inconclusive".
Smoke and Jink!

So we have:
Substandard doors.
Substandard cladding.

Want to place money on it being a cost saving exercise? Now where will the hot potato land, in whose lap? Was it a last minute change from a subcontractor to save cash, or was it with the management committee?

Not having been involved with this sort of thing before, is it so common for so many companies involved to have ceased trading?

Well seventy or so people died because of Government cost cutting and “Looking t other way.”

Both Labour (who brought out the new legislation in 2004) and the Tories (who did nothing about it despite fatal indicators) will both be sweating.

Well seventy or so people died because of Government cost cutting and “Looking t other way.”

Both Labour (who brought out the new legislation in 2004) and the Tories (who did nothing about it despite fatal indicators) will both be sweating.
Hardly. I suspect its more likely down to a private company, the closest to government its going to land is Mrs Coad.

Go back to the start of the thread.
Fire and Rescue Services Act 2004 caused this.
How so? Seems quite straightforward to me.

The Fire & Rescue Services Act 2004 sets out the duties and powers of fire authorities. Under the Act, the Fire Authority has a number of core functions:
  • Fire Safety - promoting fire safety, including the provision of information and publicity on steps to be taken to prevent fires and the giving of advice on how to prevent fires and on the means of escape from buildings in case of fire.
  • Fire Fighting - extinguishing fires and protecting life and property in the event of fires.
  • Road Traffic Accidents - rescuing people in the event of road traffic accidents and protecting people from serious harm in the event of road traffic accidents.
  • Emergencies - when necessary deal with emergencies, other than fires and road traffic accidents.

How so? Seems quite straightforward to me.

The Fire & Rescue Services Act 2004 sets out the duties and powers of fire authorities. Under the Act, the Fire Authority has a number of core functions:
  • Fire Safety - promoting fire safety, including the provision of information and publicity on steps to be taken to prevent fires and the giving of advice on how to prevent fires and on the means of escape from buildings in case of fire.
  • Fire Fighting - extinguishing fires and protecting life and property in the event of fires.
  • Road Traffic Accidents - rescuing people in the event of road traffic accidents and protecting people from serious harm in the event of road traffic accidents.
  • Emergencies - when necessary deal with emergencies, other than fires and road traffic accidents.
Spot on.
I meant Regulatory Reform order 2005.

Doh!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
DB_Cooper Army Reserve 220
MoD_RSS Royal Air Force 0
Mr_Fingerz The Intelligence Cell 76