London Units

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by Macks, Apr 27, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Many apologies if someone has already located this once before, but a Google search was proving next to useless (perhaps I'm looking for the wrong thing...), but can anyone find a list of London TA Units on the interweb?

Many thanks,
  2. Try here matey, :wink:
    Hope it helps..
  3. Many thanks!
    Always_a_Rifleman, that's certainly an impressive list. ;)
  4. You're welcome.

I've had experience of a number of London Inf units in the past and I can honestly say that mostly they are a complete waste of time.

The Rifles are the way forward.

5. Have had a look round the sites provided. Many thanks guys. I'm going to try and get in contact with a few and see what materialises. Basically, I'm looking to move off from the OTC in a few months, and due to previous circumstances, am not particularly clued up on TA Units in London.

I wasn't aware of the existence of some of these Units. Which surprises me. I would have thought that there would be some representation from, say, the WD at the ULOTC. We certainly have good ties with the London Regt and the Rifles.

Perhaps it's because, as I said, I've only just started looking at TA Units, rather than Regular ones.
  6. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

7. 3 MI. If you can get in. And if you can't find the address maybe you're not suited. (I would put a smiley in here but I'm not a 14 year old so I won't)
  8. Surprised to hear that: a number of WD's are ex-London OTC, and a number of London OTC accompanied the WD's on annual camp to Sennelager last year.

If your nose has not already lead you here then feel free to click on through.

Advice you will hear echoed in numerous threads is to not be afraid to visit as many units as you wish before you make a decision: reading internet forum posts won't give you 1% of what a unit is actually like.
  9. Ah, the attachment to the RY! I'd forgotten all about that. Unfortunately, I couldn't go, but I hear it was fantastic.

ss64, advice very much taken on board. Been through the process with Reg units to find one that felt like "home" and am keen to do the same with TA Units. And of course, it will be dependant on whether they like the look of me too.
  10. Macks, my learned friend, did you not try typing "London TA" into Google?

Congrats, by the way, to the riffles on their elegant new website. Good work. (Except for the bit on this page where it says "Sorry ladies, DInf has ruled against women in teeth arms roles." Has he now? For all teeth arms?) :wink:
  11. I did Dr. Evil, I did.
    It comes up with the Westminster Dragoons as the first link, and now this discussion someway down the page, along with a few newspaper articles.