London - Two stabbed to death already. What next for the rest of 2019?

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Not just London. I live in the west of Hampshire, and it's an everyday occurrence to smell weed at almost any location. The lower gardens park in Bournemouth is absolutely thick with it all times. You would never believe it was a controlled substance.
On a more worrying note safety wise, I smell it every day whilst cycling beside stationary traffic. I know I'm gonna be a hate figure now I've outed myself as a lycra lizard.....
But it's only for recreational use, it's not doing anyone any harm.
Sarcasm mode off.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
But it's only for recreational use, it's not doing anyone any harm.
That's exactly what Bugsy says, doesn't harm anybody.

Except for those muscling in on his turf.

That's exactly what Bugsy says, doesn't harm anybody.

Except for those muscling in on his turf.
How many dead? Particularly in the drug producing areas of the world.
Because that's where the harm starts.
But no harm done eh?
Just the odd spliff or the odd line, but only on a weekend. No harm done.
Some people need to give their heads a very serious wobble.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
How many dead? Particularly in the drug producing areas of the world.
Because that's where the harm starts.
But no harm done eh?
Just the odd spliff or the odd line, but only on a weekend. No harm done.
Some people need to give their heads a very serious wobble.
Most who get into "the odd spliffs or the odd line" had a serious head wobble to start in the first place.

Londo

LE
You could be right, might be my memory that’s iffy.
Seen from the air, closing credits of The Apprentice for example, London looks a great city. Tower bridge, Tower of London, St Paul’s, Canary Wharf & so on.
But scratch beneath the surface, it’s a sh1thole.
We were in theatre land in the west end last weekend. Great piles of rubbish on the pavement & the place looked a mess. Having not been there for several years, I expected better. God knows what foreign visitors must think.
Although having been in Paris last year, the French wouldn’t have noticed much difference.
It’s always been an aspiration to take the four grandsons around the museums & the other touristy bits for a weekend. Don’t think I’ll bother.
I was born and bred in London and lived there most my life , left for the sticks ten years ago and the four occasions Ive gone back for a visit Ive not enjoyed myself

Going some to have a contract out on you at 14?
1. He might have grassed somebody and stupidly failed to keep a low profile when moved
2. WP can be about protecting the close family of a "grass"- nothing like saying "We can reach out and touch all your family if you grass" when high value crime is prosecuted

1. He might have grassed somebody and stupidly failed to keep a low profile when moved
2. WP can be about protecting the close family of a "grass"- nothing like saying "We can reach out and touch all your family if you grass" when high value crime is prosecuted
Probably running drugs for someone on somebody else's patch, or even just being in the wrong postcode for innocent reasons, they all seem keen to kill each other for such trivial reasons down there.

Blogg

LE
Probably running drugs for someone on somebody else's patch, or even just being in the wrong postcode for innocent reasons, they all seem keen to kill each other for such trivial reasons down there.
Easily led teenager only eligible for a youth sentence on a scooter type thing having been being bunged a few quid is prime choice for delivering "product" especially if doing so in person might otherwise raise ones risk profile in terms of Plod.

Risk of annoying local talent or perhaps gaining the attention of some deeply unpleasant and expansionist Turkish or Albanian gentlemen ?

Ah they don't do youth sentences. But at least it's not you.

Lad is a victim of more than his killers

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
Easily led teenager only eligible for a youth sentence on a scooter type thing having been being bunged a few quid is prime choice for delivering "product" especially if doing so in person might otherwise raise ones risk profile in terms of Plod.

Risk of annoying local talent or perhaps gaining the attention of some deeply unpleasant and expansionist Turkish or Albanian gentlemen ?

Ah they don't do youth sentences. But at least it's not you.

Lad is a victim of more than his killers
I'm not saying that you're wrong, necessarily, but nor is he necessarily a victim. Some of the subtexts coming through hint at a fair bit otherwise. Relocation, a 'love of money and the finer things', a little 'petty crime'... that delightful image on the scooter, and a targeted killing. All by 14.

I'll happily be corrected in time but none of that's screaming 'victim' to me. 'Player', maybe, but not victim. Truth is, we're all speculating at this stage, me included.

Blogg

LE
I'm not saying that you're wrong, necessarily, but nor is he necessarily a victim. Some of the subtexts coming through hint at a fair bit otherwise. Relocation, a 'love of money and the finer things', a little 'petty crime'... that delightful image on the scooter, and a targeted killing. All by 14.

I'll happily be corrected in time but none of that's screaming 'victim' to me. 'Player', maybe, but not victim. Truth is, we're all speculating at this stage, me included.
On his Facebook page he described himself as "Trapper Kid" and posted pics. of himself holding sheaves of £20 & £50 notes.

Draw your own conclusions

On his Facebook page he described himself as "Trapper Kid" and posted pics. of himself holding sheaves of £20 & £50 notes.

As trapper is yoof slang for drug dealer, it's not difficult to come to conclusions

My granny was always generous when it came to pocket money.
And on that jocular note - Where the hell was his mum/granny/uncles when all this was going on?
If I'd pitched up at home waving a bundle of banknotes, or possessing things my parents hadn't bought for me, there'd be hell to pay.
Likewise, if I were out riding a scooter, or in fact 'out, where the folks din't know where I was.

Blogg

LE
Mate, we probably already have - and I suspect that we're not too far wrong.
Nah, all wrong, nasty wacists jumping to conclusions based on stereotypes.

BBC running a heart rending tale of how how he had come to London from Nottingham for a new life and had his future all mapped out.

Never mind that he had been sent to Nottingham in the first place by his family who were concerned about his behaviour and associates.

Who at one time, tragically, included another paragon of virtue

Murdered teenager Amaan Shakoor was 'wonderful son' who never came home

Latest Threads