London Transport Lost property, Mystery Military Items

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by TheBigUn, May 28, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Saw these pics (link below) in the Torygraph today. What Regt/Bn/Unit would wear the cross belt on image No 3 and what is the medal?

Also if you have lost an S10 on the underground someone has handed it in! :wink:

Check out the "mobile" phones on image 2. :D :D

Pictures of London Transport Lost Property

2. Those teeth are gopping!

3. The medal on the right? Looks like a Jewish ex servicemans type thing.

4. The medal is a masonic Chapter Jewell..apparently

5. Grownup_Rafbrat

Grownup_Rafbrat LE Good Egg (charities)

Just showed those to the offspring, who's still crying with laughter. Sadly I remember when a friend of mine had a phone just like the one on the right.

6. Yes a Royal Arch masonic jewel and isn't the belt Rifles.

7. I was gonna say something Padre like, or RGJ... but I'm not an expert at all =]

8. I think the cross belt is almost certainly an old RGJ one but that mobile in photo 2 looks exactly like the one I mislaid only last week.... Hmmm!

9. I thought so too initially but on reflection it's leather not plastic and I haven't seen one of those in use in ............well ever actually! This makes me think it's an old Rifle Brigade one but the pattern on the upper chain-boss is odd. All the one's I've seen over the years, KRRC, RB and RGJ featured a lions face with the chain being secured from the mouth.This one looks like it has horns so maybe it's an antelopes or buffalo's head or something? In that case it may well be a cross-belt from a Commonwealth Rifle Regiment, Canada or South Africa possibly? In fact it may well be a Gurkha one as I'm sure at least one of the old Regiments wore a Maltese Cross Badge on their Cross Belt, 10 GR perhaps?

10. I wondered where my puffer fish had got too.....do you think he's alright?

11. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

I was issued a Motorola 8800X at work in 92 as my first mobile phone, could and did double up as a 2lb hammer!

12. The medal between the two gasmasks (on the green, black, and orange ribbon) is the Defence Medal for WW2.