London to Paris Cycle Ride in Aid of CLIC Sargent

Discussion in 'Charities and Welfare' started by Green_Zombie, Feb 28, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. My name is Staff Sergeant Jay Pearce and in Jun 07 I will be taking part in a charity cycle ride from London to Paris over 4 days. Each year I try to do my part for a charity; in 2005 I cycled from John O’ Groats to Lands End and last year I took part in a cycle ride from Warminster to Glastonbury. Both rides were in support of the McMillan Cancer charity.

This year I will be raising money for CLIC Sargent which supports children with cancer and leukaemia . In the UK around 1,500 - 1,700 new cases of childhood cancer are diagnosed each year in children 0-15 years. Of this number 50% of the children diagnosed will be under 5 years old. The most common childhood cancer is leukaemia which affects 35% of children diagnosed. A further 24% are diagnosed with brain or spinal tumours. As you can imagine with these statistics, CLIC needs as much support as possible.

If you wish to support this event please visit:
  2. I have now manage to raise through various ways £932.36 which is almost halfway to my total target of £2000, I still have a long way to go so please visit the above site and show your support buy sponsoring me.

Many Thanks
  3. So far I have raised £1800, to help reach my target of £2000 I have got hold of a Signed copy (David Walliams & Matt Lucas) of Series 3 of Little Britian. I will sell this to the person with the highest bid by 15 May 07. Any one who wants to place a bid can pm me with their offer. Payment will be via my web site on the previous entry.