London Taxis get a new paint job

National Army Museum
[Source: BFBS]

London is traditionally associated with Black Cabs – but a handful of them are no longer black. They’re sporting the uniforms of Army Regiments through the ages.

It’s all part of a new publicity drive by the National Army Museum which has enlisted the support of London Taxis, to tell the story of some of the most famous campaigns in British Military History.

The Museum's liveried taxi campaign comprises thirty London taxis 'dressed' in the uniforms of a Gordon Highlander at Waterloo, a Hussar from the Charge of the Light Brigade, and a UN peacekeeping soldier operating in the Lebanon in 1983.

On the flipseats on the inside of each taxi, Londoners and visitors to the capital can read the story of one of the soldiers who wore the uniform 'worn' by the cab. The campaign is planned to run for a year.
Good drills the National Army Museum! :D

E

error_unknown

The_Sloping_Wire said:
National Army Museum
[Source: BFBS]
London is traditionally associated with Black Cabs – but a handful of them are no longer black. They’re sporting the uniforms of Army Regiments through the ages.

It’s all part of a new publicity drive by the National Army Museum which has enlisted the support of London Taxis, to tell the story of some of the most famous campaigns in British Military History.

The Museum's liveried taxi campaign comprises thirty London taxis 'dressed' in the uniforms of a Gordon Highlander at Waterloo, a Hussar from the Charge of the Light Brigade, and a UN peacekeeping soldier operating in the Lebanon in 1983.

On the flipseats on the inside of each taxi, Londoners and visitors to the capital can read the story of one of the soldiers who wore the uniform 'worn' by the cab. The campaign is planned to run for a year.
Good drills the National Army Museum! :D
What an imaginative and absolutely brilliant piece of marketing! great stuff! :p
http://www.national-army-museum.ac.uk/

So every time I need a cab I've got to wait in the street until I see one of these........

That will drive my colleagues mad :lol: :lol: :lol:

Latest Threads