London Ta units

Hi

I am moving to London next year so will need to transfer units. I will be training to become a paramedic in my civilian career, and the training will be in Elephant and castle but I could be placed anywhere after the first 26 weeks.

I am in an artillery unit at the moment but I am unsure about wether I should stick with artillery or become a combat medic. A google search only gave me two units HAC and Westminster Dragoons. I am female so that would rule out the Westminster Dragoons and I am unsure about HAC. I have been told by a friend that I would have to re do recruit training if I wanted to join HAC. As a paramedic I wont have that many free weekends so it probably wouldn't be possible.

I am sure there must be more than two Ta units in London and would be very grateful if anyone could help me find a list of them. I would be mainly interested in any RA, RAMC or RE units.

if you are a bird, you should join the HAC....it's full of handsome intelligent young men...I know, sinced I used to be one of them, but am still handsome and intelligent.

Thank you everyone, it's good to know that there is a lot more open to me than I thought. I think I should spend the first few weeks just visiting units to see which one would be best for me. So long as the unit I move to understands that I may not be able to do all the weekends or camps they want me to do due to shift work and unsocial hours it should all be fine :). I'm not moving until February and I will have all my weekends free (unless I need to study) for the first 6 months. I also have a C licence and may be able to get C+E or D1 before I go . I don't mind doing some driving I just don't want it as a main role, which is what I currently feel I am going to get pushed into.

Get along to A sqn at 256, excellent bunch of people, good mix of male and females, very good social side. It will be right up your street. Sqn OC is a good lad (no its not me) and looks after his troops.