London Ta units

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by h-bomb, Oct 31, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi

I am moving to London next year so will need to transfer units. I will be training to become a paramedic in my civilian career, and the training will be in Elephant and castle but I could be placed anywhere after the first 26 weeks.

I am in an artillery unit at the moment but I am unsure about wether I should stick with artillery or become a combat medic. A google search only gave me two units HAC and Westminster Dragoons. I am female so that would rule out the Westminster Dragoons and I am unsure about HAC. I have been told by a friend that I would have to re do recruit training if I wanted to join HAC. As a paramedic I wont have that many free weekends so it probably wouldn't be possible.

I am sure there must be more than two Ta units in London and would be very grateful if anyone could help me find a list of them. I would be mainly interested in any RA, RAMC or RE units.
  2. Thank you, I thought the patrol parts of HAC are male only?
  3. I believe that patrol medics can be F - best to check however; the office are very helpful up there.
  4. Ok, I think I will give HAC, 256 field hospital and 289 troop a call. Thanks for the information.
  5. you can of course be a medic attached to any unit, combat arm or otherwise regardless of your gender
  6. if you are a bird, you should join the's full of handsome intelligent young men...I know, sinced I used to be one of them, but am still handsome and intelligent.
  7. H bomb, the Westminster Dragoons take girls. TA RAC units take girls, unlike their regular counterparts for some reason.
  8. .......
  9. H Bomb

Can recommend the Westminster Dragoons. FR Regiment and a decent bunch. TA Centre Fulham Wed nights Drill Night.

More info PM me.
  10. The Westminster Dragoons website is very good:

Unofficial website

There are several females currently serving, some with recent tour experience.
  11. I've got several mates in the London Jocks, and they're a top bunch of lads. Seem very social too!
  12. What about 3MI battalion of the Int Corps; try the Corps forum.
  13. Thank you everyone, it's good to know that there is a lot more open to me than I thought. I think I should spend the first few weeks just visiting units to see which one would be best for me. So long as the unit I move to understands that I may not be able to do all the weekends or camps they want me to do due to shift work and unsocial hours it should all be fine :). I'm not moving until February and I will have all my weekends free (unless I need to study) for the first 6 months. I also have a C licence and may be able to get C+E or D1 before I go . I don't mind doing some driving I just don't want it as a main role, which is what I currently feel I am going to get pushed into.