Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Clapham Common

• Riverside Pubs

• Camden

• Total voters
it was decided ages ago to host a summer extravaganza in London on Aug 15, with Sluggy doing the organising. Due to a posting oop north (hooray), she hasn't done diddly squat (nothing new there), so I've taken it on and am asking for ideas of where and what. All suggestions will be viewed and most binned as usual. :D

picnic in a park somewhere with lots of champagne?

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
Sounds fun. Will B&B be included?

There was talk of meeting up at the 'Help for heros' rugby match at Twickenham, 20th september :D And we were talking about special Arrse rugby tops to go with it, that would be a summer bash in London :wink: :puker: :pukel:

flowers said:
Poppy said:
picnic in a park somewhere with lots of champagne?
That is my kind of summer bash!!!! :-D
Flowers, we have so much in common!

Perhaps we could approach Veuve Cliquot for sponsorship of said bash?

BBQ at my place. I allow smoking and if you all bring beer then there will be lots to drink.

Grownup_Rafbrat said:
Sounds fun. Will B&B be included?
park bench :D then MacDonalds

JoseyWales said:
In that case I am sure we can shift it..! A Midsummer Night's Dream is always popular.
NOT WITH ME IT'S BLODY NOT :x

Aw, cm'mon Poppy. 'Midsummer Night's Dream with arrse and champagne' is bound to be a winner.

JoseyWales said:
BBQ's are strictly forbidden in the Parks.
Surely that's just the Royal Parks? What about one of the commons (Clapham/Wandsworth/Wimbledon) or the smaller parks such as Parsons Green? I often take my little portable bbq to Wandsworth Park in the summer. As long as there's a bit of green for the picnic rug, champagne, Pimms and oil drum barbie - job done.