London Scottish

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by thickienongrad, Mar 20, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Afternoon fellas,

Will probably be going to look at this mob in the not too distant future, and was hoping if anyone might be able to provide an insight into them or any other London Regt coys.

Have recently visited HAC also though would like to do the rounds so to speak to make the most informed decision.

I'll ultimately be looking at going reg officer at some point however flash to bang between now and RMAS will be a while and the TA has been recommended by numerous individuals.

Thanks in advance guys,

TNG

2. Jocks are good blokes. A very strong/close group of SNCOs and some solid soldiers. Nice TAC too.

The added bonus of getting to wear a skirt, if that's your sort of thing.

3. It's a good idea to look around to see what's out there and what suits you but i'd suggest you have a look at 4 PARA and visit White City. Also have a look at www.4para.com - there's a military gap year on offer which would stand you in good stead for RCB and Sandhurst.

4. I HAVE HAD THE PLEASURE OF SERVING IN THE JOCKS IT HAS ITS UP' S AND DOWNS BUT THE EGO OF THE PARA'S IS DEFINATELY NOT THERE JUST A SOUND GROUP OF BLOKES EAGER TO DO THE JOB PROPERLY

5. Dont go HAC, pack of cheaters!!!!!!

6. HAC A WAY FOR WANABE OPERATORS WHO ARE NOT UP TO THE MARK TO GET THE BACK DOOR INTO SPEC FORCES

7. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

jinkeye,

You are obviously a man with a great depth of knowledge and experience. Please enlighten us about your experiences of the egos of the Paras or the not quite up to the mark members of the HAC.

Or if not, admit that you are a Johnny come lately know nothing repeating comments read on Arrse, or overheard in the bar.

I await with interest!

Duke

8. You havnt really started on the right foot have you KNOB - thinking about joining a mob.

You stink of arrogance !

Try the ACF, im sure they need instructors. you will no doubt fit in giving the bertie big bo11ocks to 13 year olds.

9. Buges

I take it you are not involved in recruiting?

The London Scottish are a good mob, and they will form the Mortar platoon of the London Regiment now that the RGJ capbadged elements are going to the RRV.

As any fule kno, to be a mortarman is the epitome of soldiering.

10. I'm sure there really is a back door into SF.

Not.

11. Sorry Buges but who's that directed at??

12. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

Japs eye appears to have gone quiet. Still, at least he is not shouting at us! Back on track, TNG - have a look at them all, see what the offer then make your choice.

London Scottish. Good unit from my limited experience of them, and mortaring is indeed a jedi skill!
    HAC. Good unit, interesting role. Long selection process - consider how it fits into your RMAS timeline.
    4 Para. Awesome unit, very hard training and no shortage of op experience. Also has Mortar platoon for those who have seen the light. Good inf training in preparation for RMAS with added bonus of P Coy and wings (if RAF ever get it together).

Duke

13. WELL YOU LOT HAVE OBVIOUSLY GOT ALL THE ANSWERS AND KNOW EVERYTHING ABOUT NOTHING I WAS ONLY PUTTING A POINT OF VIEW ACROSS AS I SERVED IN LOND JOCKS IN MY INTERIM DAYS AND KNOW MATES IN BOTH 4 AND 3 PARA AND EX-MEMBERS OF HAC BUT ENJOY WHAT EVER CHOICE YOU GO FOR thickienongrad

14. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

So you know about the London Scottish, and have had mates in other units. Well done. Now please stop shouting. Listening to your ill informed drivel is bad enough without you shouting at us!

15. Jinkeye, i don't think anyone on this thread has ALL the answers and knows EVERYTHING, but you can't expect to make broadbrush comments about units without someone asking you to substantiate them especially if they're derogatory or, depending on your viewpoint, disrepectful. However, you're right to advise 'thickienongrad' to enjoy whatever he does.