London riot plans

Most rioters are out of control lawbreakers who deserve the water cannon, CS and anything else that is coming.
and the rough end of a pineapple , dont forget the large air miles of rough pineapples .

Last edited:
In case anyone thinks shutting the Wi-Fi down to prevent protest is an innovative technique.

Government asks: when can we shut down wireless service?

It was done in San Francisco to prevent protests over seven years ago.

I guarantee you the protest community have the innovation of thought to develop a work around. I m not so sure about the forces of law and order.
WiFi is not the same thing as the 3/4G network. You’d be hard pressed to shut down WIFI access points on mass because of a protest. From what I read they switched off the single source rebros that pushed the signal underground.

@Kroneit44

I am guilty of big hand/small map here.

Without an incredible level of intrusion, 'turning the internet off' is a rather unachievable order.

Agreed, though I did have an instructor once that claimed he could do it, we called him out on that one.
That is an outrageous blackbelt level of bullshido.

His eyes rolled into his skull as he performed some mental calculations before resoundingly saying yes he could turn tinters off. Done lots of things in the RAF that he couldn’t tell us about...apparently.
I bet he's seen attack ships on fire off the shoulders of Orion also.

Still, giving reassuring but ultimately empty comments like that probably mean an undisturbed career in the forces, and now a career as a consultant cyberlord whilst microserfs like me scuttle round as ghosts in the shell trying to stop things falling over.

seaweed

LE
Book Reviewer
@Kroneit44

I am guilty of big hand/small map here.

Without an incredible level of intrusion, 'turning the internet off' is a rather unachievable order.
We'll soon be able to ring up China and get them to do it for us.

Slight thread drift, I remember being in Fort Stewart in Georgia (worth a Google, there are almost as many people there as we have in total) with the light infantry in 2000. One of the units on camp had three sets of binoculars not returned after an exercise, after the usual searches and threats to return them they still weren't handed back so the investigators simply locked the gates and got their sigs to set up some sort of jamming around the unit area which stopped all mobile phone communication. The stand off lasted 6 days before the missing binos were "found " in the back of a truck, that was 19 years ago, I'll bet somebody somewhere has the internet's off switch now.

Slight thread drift, I remember being in Fort Stewart in Georgia (worth a Google, there are almost as many people there as we have in total) with the light infantry in 2000. One of the units on camp had three sets of binoculars not returned after an exercise, after the usual searches and threats to return them they still weren't handed back so the investigators simply locked the gates and got their sigs to set up some sort of jamming around the unit area which stopped all mobile phone communication. The stand off lasted 6 days before the missing binos were "found " in the back of a truck, that was 19 years ago, I'll bet somebody somewhere has the internet's off switch now.
Wouldn’t be too hard to turn wifinity off but standby for litigation from both sides.