London riot plans

The burning of the vehicles that the Police had used to burn the bridge happened weeks after the police and security started using over the top levels of force and the camp had grown to thousands of protesters from all sorts of groups, some of which were quite happy to use vandalism.

The vandalism of the actual pipeline in your second example happened after the protests were over and the protest camps had been evicted. It had nothing to do with the Native American protesters and was done by two women from the Catholic Workers Movement.
Not all protesters were Indians or in NODAK.

A cynical person would say the Standing Rock were after a payout.

Native Americans after 'easy money' in pipeline fight

Well, yes, that's what happens with statute law. I don't know about your version but assume it's similar, once a law is on the books then it stays until removed or superseded.

You cannot possibly be arguing that, because a lot of old laws need to be removed from statute books, that means the police can ignore any new law they want to. Can you?
LE turns a blind eye to many laws for a variety of reasons. The sooner you make your peace with that the less maddening it is.

LE turns a blind eye to many laws for a variety of reasons. The sooner you make your peace with that the less maddening it is.
So you can accept protestors turning a blind eye to many laws for a variety of reasons.
The sooner you make your peace with that the less maddening it is.

Nobody should be under any illusions that voting lib dem or ukip will result in a lib dem or ukip government. Thats just not possible in our system but it can prevent either of the big two from ramming through crazy legislation in the belief that the voters gave them a clear mandate by voting for them in the first place.

It was the LibDem part of the coalition that forced through the increase in the personal income tax allowance - something the LibDems had been banging on about for years.

Not all protesters were Indians or in NODAK.

A cynical person would say the Standing Rock were after a payout.

Native Americans after 'easy money' in pipeline fight
You are still completely missing the point. The protesters that weren't Native American arrived because the retarded police and security tactics made a minor protest by a relatively small number of Native Americans into a major news story.

The only people paying any attention to Standing Rock were people, like me, who do protest intelligence for a living and then videos of peaceful protesters being pepper sprayed and having dogs set on them by clowns who were completely out of their depth hit the internet. Within a week 3 other protest campaigns I was monitoring completely died because everyone involved was on their way to Standing Rock.

I have been involved in protest related stuff in the US for nearly 10 years. I can count on one hand the number of times I have seen current US tactics actually make a situation better. The list of times I have seen them make the situation worse would be very long indeed.

You are still completely missing the point. The protesters that weren't Native American arrived because the retarded police and security tactics made a minor protest by a relatively small number of Native Americans into a major news story.

The only people paying any attention to Standing Rock were people, like me, who do protest intelligence for a living and then videos of peaceful protesters being pepper sprayed and having dogs set on them by clowns who were completely out of their depth hit the internet. Within a week 3 other protest campaigns I was monitoring completely died because everyone involved was on their way to Standing Rock.

I have been involved in protest related stuff in the US for nearly 10 years. I can count on one hand the number of times I have seen current US tactics actually make a situation better. The list of times I have seen them make the situation worse would be very long indeed.
Welund?

z

Everything is black and white until it isn’t.

Laws are quite specific. If the people employed to enforce them think that they can pick and choose they aren't fit to be employed as LE.

Allowing themselves leeway in particular circumstances to not enforce a law is OK. Refusing to enforce laws because they disagree with them isn't.

Laws are quite specific. If the people employed to enforce them think that they can pick and choose they aren't fit to be employed as LE.

Allowing themselves leeway in particular circumstances to not enforce a law is OK. Refusing to enforce laws because they disagree with them isn't.
Hey, some retard down the street said you are a threat to society. I am going to come into your home and take away all weapons you have in the home.

Colorado sheriff warns 'red flag' gun laws could put officers at risk

I have been involved in protest related stuff in the US for nearly 10 years.
A hobby of yours? Oh yes...business.

Retarded Police? Have somebody breaking in to your house who do you call?

Unfortunately a lot of the time the Police are working with the less pleasant sections of the population whom most people tend to try and avoid.

And since you seem to like the adjective, It’s also an observation that there always seem ‘retarded' fringe elements who go to protests with the specific object of creating trouble and looking for confrontation.

Last edited:
Oh no, my hobbies are much weirder than that.
It is unfortunately the weirdos who inflict their generally sanctimonious ‘protests' upon the unfortunate public, who then have to put up with the often hypocritical bullshit that is then unleashed upon them while just trying to go about their daily business.

Oh yes ...and those unfortunate ‘retarded’ law enforcement officials, who have to deal with the mayhem caused.

So you can accept protestors turning a blind eye to many laws for a variety of reasons.
The sooner you make your peace with that the less maddening it is.
Could be a subtle difference there. Turning a blind eye to laws that are broken but not inconveniencing or affecting others in any way is one thing.

Turning a blind eye to laws being broken that ends in destruction of property and upheaval is an entirely different cup of meat.