London riot plans

Seems the right sort of weather for a good soaking.
What we needed was PC Rain.

We would not have had half this shit if they had been on duty, coupled with some turbulence in the air to prevent celebrity air reinforcements.

It's like mass protest around 'drug dealers lives matter, much easier in nice weather.

The Government won’t even sufficiently fund the everyday police. What makes you think that they would fund and start from scratch, some force that isn’t needed on a daily basis just in case?

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
They had no trouble finding extra rozzers during the miners strike
Yeah, 30+ years ago, police numbers have been cut since then, you fkin idiot!

This rather proves my point.

A policeman shoves someone,

Has someone got the safe space on standby and the immediate poll on Twitter?

I bet the journo was only sorry the lad didn't fall over and die, because then there'd be a great story in it.

Would be a smart manifesto pledge from Nigel if he promised to reform law and increase Police head count.
Although I still dont think that would be enough.
Hahahhahahhahahhahahaha.

I think he'll be chatting with law and order soon. Noticed all the redacted bits of the Mueler report around Assange and who got the USB stick out of the embassy?
I have high hopes for that little line of enquiry.

Anyway, hasn't the 350 million in the bus been spent on the NHS already?

And Mrs May has said It's not about numbers.

Sorry, but having had to put up with this on the inside for ages, I am taking a perverse delight in it all falling apart. I mean, everyone was warned.

I bet the journo was only sorry the lad didn't fall over and die, because then there'd be a great story in it.
Lad looked about to cry. Seriously, that approach from day one - entirely justifiable - would have been welcome.
It's a tweet but well, tough. No grounds for IPCC, conduct investigations, etc. If senior officers say there is, then we ARE effed.

Here's a thread which matches what I hear from my chums still serving.

Stay safe boys and girls, it can't rain for ever.

(Almost everyone I know is planing to resign anyway).

He was in the way of them bundling some other crusty away, I doubt he was just standing there all innocent like.

He was in the way of them bundling some other crusty away, I doubt he was just standing there all innocent like.
My point is, if the media finds that worthy of reportage..?

The posts on the thread calling for CRS, mass arrests, deployment of CS, dogs, Batman...

Welcome to the reality of the world we have created for ourselves.

Haven't read all this thread, so apologies if already been suggested.
Quick way to stop this would be for a few of the people or companies financially impacted, to sue the organisers. Bankrupt a few trustafarians, then watch the rest of the the idle rich dissappear when they realise that actions have consequences.

They had no trouble finding extra rozzers during the miners strike
New a rozzer who deployed to South Yorkshire from Dorset
Bare in mind back then riot training was minimal for police so his boss would only let ex squaddies with N.I or riot experience go
Said they lived it best time since Ireland except far more money in the back pocket.

Lad looked about to cry. Seriously, that approach from day one - entirely justifiable - would have been welcome.
It's a tweet but well, tough. No grounds for IPCC, conduct investigations, etc. If senior officers say there is, then we ARE effed.
If that guy makes a complaint against an officer then you can guarantee that it will be investigated. If it’s not investigated by The Met PSD, then the complainer can and often does escalate it to The IOPC.

Nothing may come of it but it will be protracted and that Officer cannot transfer whilst a complaint is unresolved. It effects promotion and internal job applications. 3 similar complaints in one year results in an overall review of that Officer.

Would you be looking to cover yourself in glory?

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
Haven't read all this thread, so apologies if already been suggested.
Quick way to stop this would be for a few of the people or companies financially impacted, to sue the organisers. Bankrupt a few trustafarians, then watch the rest of the the idle rich dissappear when they realise that actions have consequences.
I like that.
My alternative would be to leave them there but because it is a crime scene to ensure nobody ever leaves or enters those particular spaces.

My point is, if the media finds that worthy of reportage..?
They report all sorts of trivial nonsense in clickbait ways. I can only see the first 10 or so posts on twatter because I'm not signed up.

I like that.
My alternative would be to leave them there but because it is a crime scene to ensure nobody ever leaves or enters those particular spaces.
Indeed, if only there were a few DC's with the experience to know Ghani vs Jones (from memory) and the Justice's commens on police common law powers to protect crime scenes.

Still, I am sure direct entry DC's will be taught that.... (It wasn't on my DC's course, I learned it through my time in).

Still, Mrs May and Westminster have a nice well funded prot team.

@exbluejob my point is the media (aided by Netpol and other campaigning solicitors) will have a field day.

As @wetsmonkey points out above, the job does not have your back (even when you act in good faith and within the law).

Quite why people don't want to listen to him or me, as it should be clear we have some experience in these matters is beyond me. You may not like what we say, but neither do we (I think). We are at least accurate.

Dame Emma Thompson: 'If I could fly cleanly, I would'
Actress Dame Emma Thompson has been defending her decision to fly from the US to attend a climate change protest in central London.
Speaking to reporters from the Extinction Rebellion campaign group's pink boat, she said she did not fly as much as she used to - and planted a lot of trees.
Ms Thompson also compared the protest to the campaign of disruption by the Suffragettes.’

I wonder what the weather is like in her planet?

She will only be the tip of the iceberg
At some point all if these wombles will moved on either because the police do it or it runs out of steam.
They will then get on buses in cars or on trains as presumably they haven't walked to London.
You can also but that they will leave behind she's loads of rubbish including plastic water bottles and coffee cups
It's good to be an eco warrior but one simply can't live without ones morning flat white from Costa

@exbluejob my point is the media (aided by Netpol and other campaigning solicitors) will have a field day.

Quite why people don't want to listen to him or me, as it should be clear we have some experience in these matters is beyond me. You may not like what we say, but neither do we (I think). We are at least accurate.
Why do you assume I'm not listening? I'm keenly aware of the issues facing our Police Officers. If that particular 'incident' came to court and I was on the jury it would be a not guilty from me and I would hope that the crusty who is 'obstructing the police in the lawful execution of their duty' is the one on charges.

YouTube the protester bursting into tears after Obilix bursts her balloon and a but hits her
I can't post a link from my phone