London riot plans

The Marshal plan gave you the NHS.
The Beveridge report was published in 1942. It was Winston Churchill in 1943 who broadcast that a scheme would be set up 'of compulsory national insurance for all classes from the cradle to the grave'.

All you did was provide the cash.

Can't we get the fire brigade involved? All those red shiny engines with their high pressure water hoses would clear the streets in no time.

They were saying this morning on the BBC they were bringing police in from South Wales to help out

Can we take a moment to praise the French Police who attended a protest outside Suisse Bank this morning in Paris
Usual people chained and glued together to thwart plod in their attempts to move them
Gendarme de-bussed pepper sprayed everyone and stood back
Safe in the knowledge that they wouldn’t be prosecuted or thrown to the wolves by politicians and the media.

The Beveridge report was published in 1942. It was Winston Churchill in 1943 who broadcast that a scheme would be set up 'of compulsory national insurance for all classes from the cradle to the grave'.

All you did was provide the cash.
Yes it became reality with the money we loaned you. Without that it would have still only been a plan on paper.

Merica!

Surely they'll soon up for promotion for gaining so many woke points for skateboarding with environmentalist protesters, all they need to do now is wave a rainbow flag whilst their skateboarding and they'd have ticked enough boxes

My bold, don't joke about it, you've probably seen a future commissioner in those clips :-(

I’ve not caught up with the thread yet. But has Jon Snow turned up to the Climate protests and said “I’ve never seen so many white people in one place” yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fair points, well presented. But it doesn't tell the complete story. In addition to cuts to the police, there has also been a severe lack of investment in prisons, to say nothing of privatisation of some areas. And the practice of cutting sentences by around 50% for, "good behaviour".

The infamous Glasgow Razor Gangs were broken by a combination of extremely robust policing - the Chief Constable at the time made a point of recruiting officers from rural areas, who had been performing heavy manual labour for most of their adult life - and Judges who wouldn't hesitate to punish criminals to the fullest extent of their formidable powers.

So if you were involved in gang violence in Glasgow around that time, a bunch of coppers who looked like someone had shaved Gorillas and stuck them in uniform would hit you so hard your unborn grandchildren would feel it. What was left of you would be be dragged in front of a very unsympathetic judge and tried for everything from, Assault With a Deadly Weapon to, Damaging a Police Officer's Truncheon With Your Face. For which, if found guilty, you could expect a ten year, all expenses paid holiday in the lovely Bar L. And in those days if you were sentenced to 10 years then with good behaviour you could expect to be out in...10 years.

Nowadays there is little fear of the law because both the chances and the consequences of being caught are so low. Less than 10% of all recorded crimes result in a conviction and prison sentence. 42% of recorded crimes are abandoned at the investigation stage before a prime suspect has even been identified. Even if you're unlucky enough to be caught and convicted, you can expect to only serve around half your sentence. So-called Life Sentences are no such thing anymore; the average, "lifer" is released after 15 years or so. And prisons are so understaffed that PO's struggle to control them; a Prison Officer had his throat cut by an inmate last week. If that had happened 40 years ago, the PO's colleagues would only have stopped kicking the inmate when their boots started to split open.

Yes, the police need a lot more funding, resources and support from senior ranks and politicians. But even that won't fix all the problems. The entire justice system is broken.
My bold, I would go further & say so is our whole legal system, where lawyers such as Shiner, the Leigh Day & Matrix chambers get fat from pursuing useless cases, and frivolous compensation claims caused by the enactment of pathetic acts such as Blairs "human rights act" aka Cherie's pension plan. and the interference of The European Court of Justice. Judges who are increasingly pc, letting certain members of the RoP off with slaps on the wrist because "they aren't used to alcohol/our way of life/excuse of choice". And finally a political system and Home Secretaries that allows such things to happen while turning a blind eye to everything apart from their next step on the political ladder!

That was amusing to watch, particularly when some of the protesters couldn’t ‘dry their eyes’ because of the chains they had put in themselves! :grin:
Which led me to my earlier point when it goes off this weekend and they are relived of their valuables thanks to the suoerglue used to stick themselves to the pavement

I
My bold, I would go further & say so is our whole legal system, where lawyers such as Shiner, the Leigh Day & Matrix chambers get fat from pursuing useless cases, and frivolous compensation claims caused by the enactment of pathetic acts such as Blairs "human rights act" aka Cherie's pension plan. and the interference of The European Court of Justice. Judges who are increasingly pc, letting certain members of the RoP off with slaps on the wrist because "they aren't used to alcohol/our way of life/excuse of choice". And finally a political system and Home Secretaries that allows such things to happen while turning a blind eye to everything apart from their next step on the political ladder!

Talkiny of compensation Calims anyone see the report about the father who sued his sons under 10's football team for emotional distress and racisim after the lad was substituted during a match
The club stated it was so everyone could get a go on the pitch
Courts have told them to pay him £3k compensation after he won the case

Best keep your head down and don't make waves.

The nail that stands proudest gets hammered hardest.
Unfortunately, that’s what goes through people’s heads.
Why would you risk prosecution and a subsequent misconduct hearing should the prosecution fail, with the potential loss of your job, income and mortgage paying ability, because a section of society wants you to take action that isn’t sanctioned by law and policy.

They have plans for the London riots? Well I think we should definitely go to Harrods, Harvey Nichols and I could do with a new suit in case a court case pops up, so we should also head to Savile Row.

They were saying this morning on the BBC they were bringing police in from South Wales to help out

Can we take a moment to praise the French Police who attended a protest outside Suisse Bank this morning in Paris
Usual people chained and glued together to thwart plod in their attempts to move them
Gendarme de-bussed pepper sprayed everyone and stood back
Indeed, makes a lot of sense and it's a shame the Met aren't allowed to do something similar. I'm really rather surprised that these ratbags have been allowed to paralyse parts of the capital for the better part of a week.

Seeing the Thompson female pepper sprayed into oblivion would also have been a great source of amusement.

Indeed, makes a lot of sense and it's a shame the Met aren't allowed to do something similar. I'm really rather surprised that these ratbags have been allowed to paralyse parts of the capital for the better part of a week.

Seeing the Thompson female pepper sprayed into oblivion would also have been a great source of amusement.
I'd actually pay good money to see the bit in your last line.

I’m just watching some of the footage on the News. It always amazes me that a lot of these clowns, who profess a hatred towards the armed forces, have a preference for wearing military style camouflage. Also, as others have pointed out, not much evidence of any of our BAME brothers and sisters. As a proud gammon, I have to say, what a bunch of twats!

I’m just watching some of the footage on the News. It always amazes me that a lot of these clowns, who profess a hatred towards the armed forces, have a preference for wearing military style camouflage. Also, as others have pointed out, not much evidence of any of our BAME brothers and sisters. As a proud gammon, I have to say, what a bunch of twats!

Well they should be glad they are not in North Dakota! Our pipeline protesters did not get the kid gloves.

Well they should be glad they are not in North Dakota! Our pipeline protesters did not get the kid gloves.
I have to say, I like your country’s style when it comes to this sort of shit.