London riot plans

This from the BBC,

Extinction Rebellion: Can the plan work?

A little look into the future,

At 12:00 BST of Friday 19th April the British Prime Minister gave this joint speech with the leader of Her Majesty's loyal (sic) opposition,

The demonstrations over the last four days in London and other cities has opened the Government's eyes to the climate change catastrophe facing the world and to implement the demands of the demonstrators and set an example to other countries, Her Majesty's government announces the following measures to be implemented within the next three years,

Civil aviation will be totally banned ( remember we are setting an example to other countries who are unlikely to implement a similar ban). This will eliminate at a stroke many hundreds of thousands of tonnes of greenhouse gasses. (It will also put quite a few million people out of work and cost the government billions in lost tax revenue, but one cannot make an omelette without breaking some eggs). So no more chav stag nights in Prague or wherever and no more student jollies to Ibiza and shagaluf for instance.

Likewise the use of motorised vehicles by vehicles by the general population will also be outlawed with the aim of further reducing Britain's CO2 emissions to zero by 2025. (Again the fact that millions more jobs will be eliminated and government tax revenue lost is seen as a price worth paying).

Further policies are being worked on to further reduce Britain's CO2 emissions to zero, which will see the use of gas end electricity for example by the general population severely reduced, and heavily taxed.

So something for every British citizen to consider over the coming years, as their lives are radically altered in the name of sustainability. Perhaps we should thank members of the climate change personally for the way all of our lives are going to be radically altered very soon.

Happy Easter to each and every one of you.

But you also don't have a "Back the Blue" campaign to support LE like we do here. .
Yes we do.

thin-blue-line-flag-patch.jpg

It's just the Prime Minister hates the police.

So when people started putting on thin blue line patches, bosss started telling people to take them off ad they were viewed as 'political

Have YOU been asked to take your “Thin Blue Line” patch off?

(I have several, and it is noticeable no senior ever asked me to take mine off (despite frequently walking through HQ with them on). Might be a reason for that though).

They are viewed as political dur to Mrs May's behaviour to the police, which has jn large part caused the shit show that is unfolding across the UK today - Which dear old sajid is trying to unpack to get himself in No 10 (without saying 'My Rt Hon friend screwed the pooch on this one".

With my tinfoil hat on, could this be an orchestrated attempt to get the public to demand greater control over civil unrest? Which would ultimately be used against them. :crazy:
Relax.

Senior police couldn't organise a blow job in a brothel if they had pockets full of £50 notes.

The black helicopters will stay in the hangers gathering dust.

No. Just wanting roads cleared. Use of force if persons don't comply. Upholding right of use of roads, paths, etc. Upholding laws. Old fashioned stuff like that.
According to a 2017 Freedom of Information request, the Met has 683 cells across 27 custody suites.

How do police control protests?

Personally even I was shocked at that. My memories of good Saturdays night's as a lid was filing them, and as a DC coming into 3 or four hand over prisoners as a minimum.

Now that is an incredible handbrake on arrests, add in travelling time. I know of friends who have spent a whole shift on the ramp writing to book someone in during normal demand periods.

Oh well, I am sure HMIC has a plan to lever his experience to ensure police can cope with such events. Oh wait, he hasn't farkin' got any...... hahahahhahahahhshahah

Now do you wonder why TJF?

The police in the UK used to be respected, not feared, (unless you were a scrote) but more like a very strict parent. If you were reasonably polite and a good chap.....ish, they didn’t bother you.
When things got uppity, they brought out the truncheons and it hurt.
When it got rioty then the gloves were off and riot shields came out to play.

Now thanks to a lack of support from behind and above over the last 30 years, and a lack of funding and resources, the respect has gone and they are sadly no longer held in high regard by the ‘good people’ or feared by the scrotes.
Fair points, well presented. But it doesn't tell the complete story. In addition to cuts to the police, there has also been a severe lack of investment in prisons, to say nothing of privatisation of some areas. And the practice of cutting sentences by around 50% for, "good behaviour".

The infamous Glasgow Razor Gangs were broken by a combination of extremely robust policing - the Chief Constable at the time made a point of recruiting officers from rural areas, who had been performing heavy manual labour for most of their adult life - and Judges who wouldn't hesitate to punish criminals to the fullest extent of their formidable powers.

So if you were involved in gang violence in Glasgow around that time, a bunch of coppers who looked like someone had shaved Gorillas and stuck them in uniform would hit you so hard your unborn grandchildren would feel it. What was left of you would be be dragged in front of a very unsympathetic judge and tried for everything from, Assault With a Deadly Weapon to, Damaging a Police Officer's Truncheon With Your Face. For which, if found guilty, you could expect a ten year, all expenses paid holiday in the lovely Bar L. And in those days if you were sentenced to 10 years then with good behaviour you could expect to be out in...10 years.

Nowadays there is little fear of the law because both the chances and the consequences of being caught are so low. Less than 10% of all recorded crimes result in a conviction and prison sentence. 42% of recorded crimes are abandoned at the investigation stage before a prime suspect has even been identified. Even if you're unlucky enough to be caught and convicted, you can expect to only serve around half your sentence. So-called Life Sentences are no such thing anymore; the average, "lifer" is released after 15 years or so. And prisons are so understaffed that PO's struggle to control them; a Prison Officer had his throat cut by an inmate last week. If that had happened 40 years ago, the PO's colleagues would only have stopped kicking the inmate when their boots started to split open.

Yes, the police need a lot more funding, resources and support from senior ranks and politicians. But even that won't fix all the problems. The entire justice system is broken.

Last edited:
According to a 2017 Freedom of Information request, the Met has 683 cells across 27 custody suites.

How do police control protests?

Personally even I was shocked at that. My memories of good Saturdays night's as a lid was filing them, and as a DC coming into 3 or four hand over prisoners as a minimum.

Now that is an incredible handbrake on arrests, add in travelling time. I know of friends who have spent a whole shift on the ramp writing to book someone in during normal demand periods.

Oh well, I am sure HMIC has a plan to lever his experience to ensure police can cope with such events. Oh wait, he hasn't farkin' got any...... hahahahhahahahhshahah

Now do you wonder why TJF?
That is a concern. Makes you wonder about how viable the Op YH custody plans were.
It definitely isn't easy for the police. Some sort of change of approach seems needed as, according to the Met, 500 arrests as of last night and just ten persons charged. Even with process delays and needing to speak to CPS, etc, it doesn't seem very joined up in terms of the justice system working together.
Those bailed are just returning to the demos. Whether courts can add an injunction to the bail notice (they may already be doing so) to not go to x or y location?
Current police approach seems to be to turn up at a blockade area, make some arrests, and leave.

People should stop calling them peaceful protestors, this is not a peaceful protest. They are stopping people from going about their daily lives and forcing their views onto others. Blocking traffic should not be seen to be a peaceful action, I do like the American reponse to people blocking traffic, the police drag them away and have paintball guns filled with pepper spray balls. They soon bugger off.

A36AF9EE-CD27-411E-899B-B44FACA716FB.jpeg

“I’m proud to have flown over 5000 miles from my other home in Los Angeles to take part in the Extinction Rebellion demonstrations. I am hoping to get arrested for my 60th birthday, but it hasn’t happened yet”.
Anyone got an irony meter we can give the smug cow?

Meanwhile in Cleveland (wherever the hell that is). the thin blue line gets a little thinner still.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tees-47977874

It absolutely amazes me how this tiny regional police force, covering a north eastern backwater hardly anyone has heard of, has managed, over recent years, to mire itself in so much controversy.

It is exactly the kind of provincial setup where you would expect the force membership to be lodged up to the eyeballs.

Last edited:
Fair points, well presented. But it doesn't tell the complete story. In addition to cuts to the police, there has also been a severe lack of investment in prisons, to say nothing of privatisation of some areas. And the practice of cutting sentences by around 50% for, "good behaviour".

The infamous Glasgow Razor Gangs were broken by a combination of extremely robust policing - the Chief Constable at the time made a point of recruiting officers from rural areas, who had been performing heavy manual labour for most of their adult life - and Judges who wouldn't hesitate to punish criminals to the fullest extent of their formidable powers.

So if you were involved in gang violence in Glasgow around that time, a bunch of coppers who looked like someone had shaved Gorillas and stuck them in uniform would hit you so hard your unborn grandchildren would feel it. What was left of you would be be dragged in front of a very unsympathetic judge and tried for everything from, Assault With a Deadly Weapon to, Damaging a Police Officer's Truncheon With Your Face. For which, if found guilty, you could expect a ten year, all expenses paid holiday in the lovely Bar L. And in those days if you were sentenced to 10 years then with good behaviour you could expect to be out in...10 years.

Nowadays there is little fear of the law because both the chances and the consequences of being caught are so low. Less than 10% of all recorded crimes result in a conviction and prison sentence. 42% of recorded crimes are abandoned at the investigation stage before a prime suspect has even been identified. Even if you're unlucky enough to be caught and convicted, you can expect to only serve around half your sentence. So-called Life Sentences are no such thing anymore; the average, "lifer" is released after 15 years or so. And prisons are so understaffed that PO's struggle to control them; a Prison Officer had his throat cut by an inmate last week. If that had happened 40 years ago, the PO's colleagues would only have stopped kicking the inmate when their boots started to split open.

Yes, the police need a lot more funding, resources and support from senior ranks and politicians. But even that won't fix all the problems. The entire justice system is broken.
And short of a military coup, it is unlikely to change anytime soon.

And the chances of that happening this side of the next February 30 are the square root of zilch.

Meanwhile in Cleveland (wherever the hell that is). the thin blue line gets a little thinner still.

ttps://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tees-47977874

It absolutely amazes me how this tiny regional police force, covering a north eastern backwater hardly anyone has heard of, has managed, over recent years, to mire itself in so much controversy.

It is exactly the kind of provincial setup where you would expect the force membership to be lodged up to the eyeballs.
Somewhere north of Watford Gap, so I'm told. There's one in Ohio as well, but I think that is in the former colonies somewhere.

County Forces now deployed into The Capital to assist on a B/H weekend.

This is where the lack of numbers across the country will begin to show. You will see a further reduction in service due to officers from your already overstretched local Forces getting sent into London.

As May said, it’s not the number of police you have, it’s the way you use them. Remember that little gem.

I heard on the news this morning that the protestors are planning to hit Heathrow airport and disrupt flights over the weekend and bank holidays. I am sure it will gain them a lot of support from Joe Public.

I await with interest and bated breath the first news report of some protestors being beaten or strung up by angry holidaymakers who have had their flights delayed or cancelled and their holidays ruined... :)

I heard on the news this morning that the protestors are planning to hit Heathrow airport and disrupt flights over the weekend and bank holidays. I am sure it will gain them a lot of support from Joe Public.

I await with interest and bated breath the first news report of some protestors being beaten or strung up by angry holidaymakers who have had their flights delayed or cancelled and their holidays ruined... :)
Well, about a dozen or so under 15s turned up and got turfed out straight away. Illegal to protest on airport land apparently. No flights affected.
Poor little snowflake crying his eyes out when moved along.
Shame they didn't get there a bit earlier and cause the stupid Thompson woman's flight from LA to be diverted to somewhere like Mogadishu.

standby for drones on runways after recent events at Gatwick. There are peeps stupid enough to do just that.

I like The Home Secretary’s comment about police using the full force of the law on protesters.

Obviously caveated with, the statement of within the confines of severe under resourcing and highly restrictive legislation that will make you highly likely to be prosecuted or disciplined should you do what my voters are demanding of me.

I like The Home Secretary’s comment about police using the full force of the law on protesters.

Obviously caveated with, the statement of within the confines of severe under resourcing and highly restrictive legislation that will make you highly likely to be prosecuted or disciplined should you do what my voters are demanding of me.
You need to stop crying wolf and be a team player, mate.;)