London Regt and RGJ - Disband them now

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by polar, Sep 30, 2005.

?
  1. Yes, fcuk yes

45.9%
  2. Yes

2.7%
  3. Yes and cull the RSigs Techs

21.6%
  4. No... I'm a lawyer/solicitor

8.1%
  5. No I'm working class

21.6%

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ok, following on from the last poll. Here's the question we wanted.

2 b followed by Sigs Techs how should we kill them poll

2. cool 100% for so far

wah edit

3. What part of this thread didn't you get? Let it go for christs sake!

4. Might have slipt your notice ..... I'm not Londons/TA RGJ

5. But if you got rid of the London Regt. where would all the ULOTC commisioned officers go after they've left uni?

6. Good point, major concern. But sometime a fresh start do make wonder in a trouble organisation.

7. HAC?

8. No they're far too choosy, plus you have to relinquish your commision until they feel that you deserve to have it back.

9. And you scare that you may not get it back?

10. OK what about Sigs/Yeomanry, heard they give free horse riding lessons

or FANY

11. The ICCY are good but they only have limited capacity, 2 commisions or so/year. Whereas the London Regt. seemingly have a limitless need for our talented experienced YO's. Plus we draw a shed load of our TA staff from the Londons one of whom has just become the OC of one of the RGJ coy's and could well come back as our 2ic. Think of all the undermanned student weekends that could occur, we'd have to spread the beer a little thicker.

12. orificecadet, may I ask why do you want to join the Army and become an officer? to spend your student weekend in the mess or to led men into battle?

13. Oh I only do it for the money.

14. Get a real job in the city if you are any good then. Mr_McKay or anyone from the London reading out there, I rest my case.

15. I've obviously rattled someone's cage. I have suggested that all the bitch slapping needs to stop. It just looks really stupid. I also find that constantly reading tha same spite and bile is draining.

I also thought that arrse was designed by someone with a sense of humour, this all appears to be getting a little serious and people seem to be a little emotional about it all.

I dont have a job in the city, furthermore I dont want one and before any city types get upset it is not because I dont doubt your contribution to the greater good. I'm a working class lad dragged kicking and screaming off the Winstanely.

I'm interested to hear everybodies point of view on a whole range of subjects, so let us change this one. I also think it would be misguided to think arrse represented anything but the mutterings of a few technophobes.