• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

London Regiment?

Hi all

I've wanted to join the TA for a while now and am interested in Infantry. My nearest unit is the London Regiment so will probably give them a ring in the near future. However when I searched for threads on the londons on here I was surprised at the amount of negative comments. My question(s) are, Are they really a bad mob, and if so why? And also, if anyone knows, will they rebadge to guards companies in the future or stay as pwrr/rrf/jocks ect.

thanks for the help :wink:

nomansland said:
Hi all

I've wanted to join the TA for a while now and am interested in Infantry. My nearest unit is the London Regiment so will probably give them a ring in the near future. However when I searched for threads on the londons on here I was surprised at the amount of negative comments. My question(s) are, Are they really a bad mob, and if so why? And also, if anyone knows, will they rebadge to guards companies in the future or stay as pwrr/rrf/jocks ect.

thanks for the help :wink:
I'm not actually London Regiment, but I do a bit of training with them (a few weekends so far). I have to say they're a great bunch of people, from what I've seen of them anyway. I'd read the same kind of negative comments, and was thinking the same as you before I trained with them. I'm thankful to say I was pleasantly surprised! So what company are you thinking about joining? As for the rebadging, I know nothing about that I'm afraid.

hi mate thanks for that

I don't have my eye on a particular capbadge at the moment. I plan to visit a few different companies and make my decision based on what I find. Not sure if that's the right way to do it but thats what made the most sense to me.

If i can ask, What role are your unit in, and did you find there was much difference between the different companies (besides capbadge)?

nomansland said:
hi mate thanks for that

I don't have my eye on a particular capbadge at the moment. I plan to visit a few different companies and make my decision based on what I find. Not sure if that's the right way to do it but thats what made the most sense to me.

If i can ask, What role are your unit in, and did you find there was much difference between the different companies (besides capbadge)?
I'll PM you in about half an hour and tell you all about it (trying to get work finished so I can go home)! As I said, I'm not actually London Regiment so I wont be able to give you that much run down on them, all the contact I've had with them is recruit training.

The culture varies between the cap badges withe specifically a big difference between the RGJ Coys and the rest. To prevent yet another spat about the differnce just visit us on a Tuesday and make up your own mind. Lots of things will affect your decision including where you live and work as well as the reception you receive when you go to the TAC.

The RGJ cap badges will be moving to joint the Royal Rifle Volunteers next month but this will not have any affect on our location itself we will still be in Mayfair and still working as an infantry company as before.

nomansland said:
. However when I searched for threads on the londons on here I was surprised at the amount of negative comments.
Bizarrly most of the negative comments come from within our own ranks. So, if anyone reading this has made such comments - well done ( not. )

As S_T_A indicates, the Regiment will shortly be losing the RGJ cap badged elements. It makes sense to consder your location rather than the actual unit - where would you parade?

BB

F and D companies are both an only an hour or so on the tube so i'll give them a ring.
The RGJ cap badges will be moving to joint the Royal Rifle Volunteers next month
When the RRV becomes part of the rifles, will the companies still be in the same location?

thanks all

Right!!! Couldnt resist!!
F & G are leaving the Londons next month. The London Regmient is a good bunch. They have had some good tours of late. The RGJ element combined is the biggest part of the London Regt and im sure they will miss us when we leave. However, they will be marching so hard and polishing so hard , the Jackets pompuss style will be a distant memory.
The Jackets - both F & G are a good bunch and work closely. G coy are moving into GPMG's and F coy have Mortors .. as well as Rifle platoons at both locations. Both are great assets which will def set us aside for the new RRV set up.
My advice would be be look around the Companies in the London Regt and see what feels best. Remember, the joy of the tube means that any TAC is easily accessable!
Im sure i dont need to harp on too much about The Green Jackets and their style , panash , professionalism blaa bllaaa blaa .. oops.. Im getting all excited about the thought of the guns!!!

When the RRV becomes part of the rifles, will the companies still be in the same location?

thanks all
No plans to move, will just change our name. Even crossrail is not meant to affect us. Most likely influence is that our new colonel now wants an office in London :roll: .

Excellent... another Jackets versus the Londons slagging match. It's been months since the last one....

Right, I think you're all redcoat cnuts....

The great day is almost upon us. The reformation of 4 RGJ, with the addition of another company. Destined to become the finest Bn in the orbat. Lets try to go out without the slagging match. Besides, everyone knows the redcoats are cnuts because we have been slagging them off since the forum began.

I couldn’t resist posting, as soon as this thread came up.

Yes the time has come for the LONDONS and the RIFLES to go their separate ways, and it has been a rocky time.

But I feel that from Tom to Tom, we all have respect for each other professionally.

The politics were whipped up by a small number of hoop merchants, who couldn’t organise their turd down a pan.

So long, farewell etc etc.

On the banter level:

Are you taking your shovels with you?

The_Monocled_Mutineer said:
But I feel that from Tom to Tom, we all have respect for each other professionally.

The politics were whipped up by a small number of hoop merchants, who couldn’t organise their turd down a pan.
We agree, MM

On the banter level:

Are you taking your shovels with you?
All together now, rythmically:: NO YOU CANT HAVE A LIFT TO AYYANAPPA.

Now clean that ETH, lad.

Latest Threads