London Regiment Soldiers awarded Lord Lieutenant's Certificates

From FB, apologies but nice picture of L/Cpl Dave Lee almost smiling.

If anyone deserves a QVRM, its Dave. IIRC this is his third Lord Lieutenants' Cert.

If you've been through your TA / AR Phase 1 at Malta Barracks or Pirbright in the last ten years, you'll know him.

Sgr Roberts I don't really know.

Edit - this is his second LLC, not his third.

Last edited:
Well done to them both :)

Apparently awards are pointless, the should have been given a day off, they would have much preferred it ^~

Last edited:

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor

Apparently awards are pointless, the should have been given a day off, the would have much preferred it ^~
Who would ever think that acceptable? :D Would they need their CO's permission or just skip off for the day?

Apparently awards are pointless, the should have been given a day off, they would have much preferred it ^~
Im pretty sure it was agreed coins were pointless, of course if you can't man manage your troops properly I suppose they are an easy option.

LCpl Lee joined the London Regiment in 1981. 35 years and a lance jack? I'm sure he'd prefer some tapes to a certificate.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

From FB, apologies but nice picture of L/Cpl Dave Lee almost smiling.

If anyone deserves a QVRM, its Dave. IIRC this is his third Lord Lieutenants' Cert.

If you've been through your TA / AR Phase 1 at Malta Barracks or Pirbright in the last ten years, you'll know him.

Sgr Roberts I don't really know.

It would be great to see NCOs of his calibre to be written up for the QVRM. Not sure why this doesn't seem to be happening.

Last edited:
Only 13 between AR, RMR, RAFR and RNR awarded every year:
Queen's Volunteer Reserves Medal - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
List of recipients here: QVRM Association[/QUOTE
Only 13 between AR, RMR, RAFR and RNR awarded every year:
Queen's Volunteer Reserves Medal - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
List of recipients here: QVRM Association
I am aware of the criteria for the award but still feel that units could put forward more NCOs. There are by any measure an awful lot of OF4s and OF5s on the list.

I have no idea what that stupid green hat is called but for the love of Christ can someone teach him how to wear it?

I am aware of the criteria for the award but still feel that units could put forward more NCOs. There are by any measure an awful lot of OF4s and OF5s on the list.
I agree. A lance jack of thirty years may have contributed far more to the smooth running, recruiting and retention of a unit than some half Colonel with his ten years of climbing the promotion ladder

Well done to the guy, but after 35 years service and only reaching lance jack, either the London Regiment are dog shit, his 1RO is dog shit, or he is dog shit.

Well done those men.

Whatever next, L/Cpl Lee almost smiling. That made me smile. He's sorted a few out in his time.

Mr_Fingerz

LE
Book Reviewer
Well done to the guy, but after 35 years service and only reaching lance jack, either the London Regiment are dog shit, his 1RO is dog shit, or he is dog shit.
Yeah, but I bet he gets an RSMs pension.