London Reg Camp

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by cannon fodder, Apr 28, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Anyone from the Londons on camp in May(I believe) with the Paras, flying around in choppers for two weeks (soooo they claim.. so they claim)...
  2. apparently it isn't with 3 Para, its with 3 Para's, :lol:
  3. I've heard rumors of heli insertions, C-130 troop movements and other fun stuff like that.
    Also heard that the Paras are going to do a 15km extraction on foot.
    The TA guys are going to be allowed to leave on their transport back to their TACs... :D
  4. Have the Heli-Bedfords been booked?
  5. A 15K extraction? Surely that's an insertion? :?:
  6. We all know the TA guys will spend a lot of time 'securing' the FUP, guarding empty heli's and riding around on the MK 1 helibedford.

They're not going to let the stabs do the break in are they!!? :roll:

STAG ON!
  7. had a few Ex's with low flying bedfords, but spent a lot of time in choppers - Recce insertions in the old Scout (now that was sexy!) abseiled in via whirlwind (showing my age now!); troop movements in Lynx, Puma, Scout, Wessex V, Sea King, and Chinook; hot LZ insertion in a C130, but missed going on a Recce in a Gazelle because I needed a dump!

We had decent training Majors. How good is yours?
  8. Suspect TM will try to take credit for this but can believe it was he who got us invited however can't say anything rude about him as someone on this site has had a without coffee with the RSM following their comments made here.
  9. This is why the army is going down the toilet.

If the RSM is going to give you a bollocking the least he could do is knock up a brew. Not any of that instant muck, either. A nice velvety espresso and maybe a tiny choccie biccie. These senior NCOs haven't got any class.

It would be a lot more civilized and lead to more heroic endeavours on the field of battle.
  10. They asked ULOTC to send a platoon to bolster LONDONs numbers, don't tell the Paras they'll probably come looking for us! 8O 8O
  11. 16 Air Assault will be our hosts. I understand we'll be acting as the air version of WR dismounts.

The ORBAT is public knowledge but we have at least three long lifts, involving c-130 and Heli. FIBUA for the final scrap, Brigade assault on a village.

I can think of a few people who are pretty cheesed off for bidding for a course instead of camp.

12. I've heard that there will be a lot of movements using LPCs....

13. Without doubt - we are Inf, after all.. but still lots of air movements and Apache etc...

come on down, Cheekster, I'll look after you young Gunners...
  14. now there's an offer I can't refuse.... ahem.
  15. Sounds a good exercise! Apparently there is a lot of numbers from London on this! ...
    The regiments in attendance?

2 para
    3 para