London Olympics Logo

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by jack-daniels, Jun 4, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Who the hell chucked a tin of paint at the wall for this strange thing?

Attached Files:

2. Sorry but I think it sums it up perfectly... an utter shambles (well as far as budgets go).

Whilst on the subject, anyone notice the increasing number of buildings 'accidently' catching fire in the soon to be developed East London?
  3. Aye, they probably paid some art student an absolute ruck of money for it as well.
  4. 400,000 quid it cost!! 8O

5. If the logo worked in the first place, it wouldn't have to evolve - just an excuse for the design agency to rip them off further with each logo progression.

As for being based on the date 2012, no wonder there are so many illiterates out there. My 3 year old could draw clearer numbers than that!
  6. What a ghastly piece of shite.
    Where the hell do they find these people to design such ridiculous things?
    More to the point why pay someone 400,000 pounds to design something when there is already a similar version knocking about.

Attached Files:

7. I only glanced at it, but at first it looks like a broken pink window.

You have to look again to see the <ahem> numbers!!

How the hell does that sum up the Olympic Games? And as for:
    , well, words fail me...

edited for sausage fingers
  8. Look's like some guy taking his missus from behind to me. But then, no doubt, Freud what have something to say to me about that.
  9. Someone clearly has a sense of humour with this shite being picked.
  10. I'll have you know that I spent all of 5 minutes designing that logo, including 4 mins and 59 seconds making a brew before starting to paint.

And the £400,000 is well earned, IMHO.

It could have been worse, remember that tent with the names of all the blokes that some bird or other had shagged? She was the artist too.

Or the unmade bed.

Or the cow/fish/god knows what else in a fish tank.
  11. Funny you should say that. I thought exactly the same thing - an abstract gay Dennis the Menace taking someone up the chuff. Perhaps - in our permissive overtly liberal climate - that is exactly what it's meant to represent. The usage of pink being non-gender specific.

However: £400,000? UTTER FCUKING DISGRACE. :roll:
  12. Absolutely fecking hideous. I'm surprised Seb Coe put his stamp on it. There is nothing British about it or anything related to London.

Ken Livingstone is probably behind this. It's anti-British and seems designed to be 'inclusive' 'urban' and 'street'. It looks like a piece of railway arch graffiti.
  13. I take it a British Bulldog, wearing a collar of the Olympics rings with the words "London 2012" underneath and maybe the Rose, Shamrock, Thistel and daffodil in each corner, or in a bunch somewhere in the whole thing, would have not set the right tone.

The Bulldog could also be wearing a Union Flag waist coat.

Obviously, if the Olympic commitee would like to send me, ohhh, say £100 they can use the above design.
  14. blue-sophist

blue-sophist LE Good Egg (charities)

Oh, FFS ... and Dame Kelly Thingy was going all dewy-eyed on Breakfast BBC about it.

Cripples Charter?

What an utter load of borrocks ... I chose the wrong career :roll:
  15. Or a fireman putting out a Firebomb, whilst a Firewatcher points out another fire, and a Homeguard mans a lewis gun.

The dome of St Pauls could be in the background, bathed in shadow and flames, the shadow would look like a rather pudgy man with a whopping big cigar in his mouth.

Above the whole lot the Kings crown, to represent the fact that he stayed in London.

Now that's London.