London Musings...

You do realise that Australia has the internet? You could have moved there and continued posting normally and told no one, so in this case I don't think even travelling to the other side of the world counts as a flounce.
Yes. But NBN makes BT look like rocket speed...I've experienced it plenty of times...the hot spot connections over mobile were faster...

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
I won't don't worry....paying almost the same for a bigger house and better wether and closer to friends is just ....bonus...bonus...bonus...I think I had enough of this city, much as I like it..
Of course you have! Try getting out of your comfort zone (and Wetherspoons) and check out more of the city (small c meaning the whole of London, not just the Square Mile). I was unemployed for 6 months a few years back and just went wandering around places I hadn't been to in years and new places, camera over my shoulder and a day out was had.

[QUOTE="Joker62, post: 9401223, member: 50966". I was unemployed for 6 months a few years back and just went wandering around places I hadn't been to in years and new places, camera over my shoulder and a day out was had.[/QUOTE]

Same thing I am sort of doing...but have to keep a roof over so need a wifi..which sucks at my current as it seems to go down every other day..

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
. I was unemployed for 6 months a few years back and just went wandering around places I hadn't been to in years and new places, camera over my shoulder and a day out was had.
Same thing I am sort of doing...but have to keep a roof over so need a wifi..which sucks at my current as it seems to go down every other day..
Do you not have mobile data?

Bloody BT still haven't arrived! What the hell is the matter with them? Can't find the address?
Redshift, can you not go without t’internet (as I believe the cool cats call it) for one day! If you must have it for work, get them to sort it!
It seems like you are on the move (potentially). In the meantime, stop acting like a prisoner to Wetherspoons.
Suggestions from a non-Londoner, who doesn’t quite like London:
The Proms season has started. Balls to paying £xxx’s for overpriced BBQ. Get a ticket and go to the Proms.
Visit the British Museum.
Join the British Library and read some of our respective languages most interesting text.
The Science and Albert museums.
Walk from Regent’s Park out to Runnymede. I am assured it can be done, and without seeing too many buildings.

Of course you have! Try getting out of your comfort zone (and Wetherspoons) and check out more of the city (small c meaning the whole of London, not just the Square Mile). I was unemployed for 6 months a few years back and just went wandering around places I hadn't been to in years and new places, camera over my shoulder and a day out was had.
Keep in mind he’s been in the UK for years, not weeks or months, reality is he’s likely been all over and is full of shïte, he needs to stick out on Arrse and this is his way of doing it.......if you take him at his word, Syrian refugees put more effort into assimilating......

Redshift, can you not go without t’internet (as I believe the cool cats call it) for one day! If you must have it for work, get them to sort it!
It seems like you are on the move (potentially). In the meantime, stop acting like a prisoner to Wetherspoons.
Suggestions from a non-Londoner, who doesn’t quite like London:
The Proms season has started. Balls to paying £xxx’s for overpriced BBQ. Get a ticket and go to the Proms.
Visit the British Museum.
Join the British Library and read some of our respective languages most interesting text.
The Science and Albert museums.
Walk from Regent’s Park out to Runnymede. I am assured it can be done, and without seeing too many buildings.
I do online consulting, so I need access..they finally did apparently came at 6pm today...according to my flatties....so my wifi is up and working!

Drug dealing must be good...haven't seen so many high end cars in a relatively poor neighborhood..
You paid any tax to walk on those tax payer funded pavements?

Latest Threads