London Musings...

Why are you two so fighty?
Because she thinks I am an alky f-k wit who doesn't want to settle down and who has been ignoring calls from my parents - estranged - and needs to shape up and get a life.

She maybe right - probably is - but my choices are mine.

And she lives in Tampa, FL - she wants me to come there so she can help me out with whatever that is - a state I could never bear to live in.

OK - I am drinking some wine - I seriously fell out with my sis over the tel phone call.

I needed it. And my family.

I need some help - logically I should be ok - more like emotionally.

Give her a call, be nice, let her dominate the conversation( Its their naturel inclination) admit you were wrong, I know,.... but it will calm her down, she is your sister, and for all your and her faults, if she dropped dead tomorrow you would feel bad, life's to bloody short to hold grudges, and arguments solve nothing, its a clash of egos, as for emotions,.... FFS man get a grip, its not rocket science, do the bloke thing, head held high, jaw out, and shoulders back, and be prepared initially, for some serious GBH of the earole, and once she has calmed down, you're on your way, best of luck.

Because she thinks I am an alky f-k wit who doesn't want to settle down and who has been ignoring calls from my parents - estranged - and needs to shape up and get a life.

And she lives in Tampa, FL - she wants me to come there so she can help me out with whatever that is - a state I could never bear to live in.
So your sister cares enough to want to help you out...

You should go, because you are not doing well on your own. We’re you my sibling I would just beat the fecking piss out of you and help you see the light.

She's very right and it's about time someone gave you the 'come to Jebus' talk. Your choices may well be yours but they've not been good ones for the past couple of years and now you're circling the drain.

By ignoring your parents' calls you will be causing them untold stress on top of their divorce and your sister will be dealing with that too.

You should go and get over yourself. You may not want to live in Florida, but she is prepared to take you in, her alky f*ckwit brother, to stand by you and help get you straightened out. I doubt she needs the hassle in her life but she loves you and wants the best for you by the sounds of things.

At least Florida is far enough from Wyoming so @LJONESY won't turn up to beat your sorry backside and then run you over in his nice truck. Be thankful for small mercies.

15:05 LGW - 19:25 Tampa, Weds 19th June, Norwegian Air, £255 one-way

She's very right and it's about time someone gave you the 'come to Jebus' talk. Your choices may well be yours but they've not been good ones for the past couple of years and now you're circling the drain.

By ignoring your parents' calls you will be causing them untold stress on top of their divorce and your sister will be dealing with that too.

You should go and get over yourself. You may not want to live in Florida, but she is prepared to take you in, her alky f*ckwit brother, to stand by you and help get you straightened out. I doubt she needs the hassle in her life but she loves you and wants the best for you by the sounds of things.

At least Florida is far enough from Wyoming so @LJONESY won't turn up to beat your sorry backside and then run you over in his nice truck. Be thankful for small mercies.

15:05 LGW - 19:25 Tampa, Weds 19th June, Norwegian Air, £255 one-way
Most prudent applicable comment on this entire thread, well said.

Give her a call, be nice, let her dominate the conversation( Its their naturel inclination) admit you were wrong, I know,.... but it will calm her down, she is your sister, and for all your and her faults, if she dropped dead tomorrow you would feel bad, life's to bloody short to hold grudges, and arguments solve nothing, its a clash of egos, as for emotions,.... FFS man get a grip, its not rocket science, do the bloke thing, head held high, jaw out, and shoulders back, and be prepared initially, for some serious GBH of the earole, and once she has calmed down, you're on your way, best of luck.
I am not a person to hold grudges, short temper is my undoing - but her calling me that I was lying on stuff just got under my skin and we had a massive argument.

Anyways, it will be a while before we speak to each other again - I really can't face talking her for a couple of weeks.She knows about me and I have been honest about her recently about my recent endeavours and she wouldn't believe me - so I basically said "piss off!"

Red, from reading this... Now I thought I was having problems, you need some support. Jumping from flat to flat is unsettling. Must admit, I was hoping to have a beer with you at some point, but you really need to go back to your family and get some support from your sister. She's worried and wouldn't if she wasn't.
Jump on that silver bird and get out of Dodge.

Red, from reading this... Now I thought I was having problems, you need some support. Jumping from flat to flat is unsettling. Must admit, I was hoping to have a beer with you at some point, but you really need to go back to your family and get some support from your sister. She's worried and wouldn't if she wasn't.
Jump on that silver bird and get out of Dodge.
I do understand your concerns - and I am thankful for them - actually everybody on this site - see, I don't have a single fam anymore - divorced parents - a sister who thinks I am mental.

I have to sort this out myself in my own way. Like a guy with some confidence.

Enough about me...looking forward to the nicer weather tomorrow and for rest of the weekend and the week...
Ha ha! And you don't want to go to Florida?

Are you mad?

Florida sucks dude! The humidity is unbelievable! And add to it flies, gators, insects and everything else...yeah...it's the OZ of the U.S.
I worked at MacDill for a year and quite liked the feel of leaving a building and being wrapped in a hot, wet blanket unlike the cold, wet blanket you get here...