London Musings...

I'd have to drive, get bacon, and then cook it myself

Why do that when you have a Doris?
I actually had a hankering for bacon (I blame @LJONESY for all the bacon talk yesterday), came in actually to order a bacon roll or something, but I am glad changed my mind and ordered the avo muffin. It tasted amazing! I recommend it.

Looks like a great low-carb meal. I would add fresh thinly sliced tomato and have proper British streaky bacon as the base with mature Cheddar instead of Monterey Jack, with HP sauce as an alternative to hot sauce.
HP sauce??

It looks like they have diced tomatoes with the eggs. I will have to get some avocados this morning, as today I am “sick”. The hound has to have a surgery today, and I am not in the mood to deal with the “public”.

I just had

Speaking of brekkie...this is what I literally just had: Smashed avocado english muffin, poached egg with coffee. All for £3.50. My first having this at my local 'Spoons. Was bloody delish! They charge you about 10 to 12 quid in the usual places in Shoreditch and stuff. And all the coffee you can drink/ refills.

I forgot to take a pic before I scoffed some.

View attachment 398184
That looks pretty tasty, then again I am 10 mins in on an elliptical machine with another 50 to go. You bastard.

That looks pretty tasty, then again I am 10 mins in on an elliptical machine with another 50 to go. You bastard.
It's been ages since I've been to a gym or did any sort of exercise! The constant moving means that I can't really commit to a local place.

I really need to get back into it. It was good at my last company free gym privileges at a posh gym place right next door. I used to go there regularly just to look at all the posh totty....a good motivator. ;)

HP sauce??

It looks like they have diced tomatoes with the eggs. I will have to get some avocados this morning, as today I am “sick”. The hound has to have a surgery today, and I am not in the mood to deal with the “public”.
HP sauce, also called brown sauce. I'd never heard of it either, before coming here. It's an acquired taste - I hated it at first, but gradually started liking it, in small measures, on things like bacon rolls etc.

HP Sauce - Wikipedia

It is as British as it gets but is now produced in the Netherlands!

It's been ages since I've been to a gym or did any sort of exercise! The constant moving means that I can't really commit to a local place.

I really need to get back into it. It was good at my last company free gym privileges at a posh gym place right next door. I used to go there regularly just to look at all the posh totty....a good motivator. ;)
Fucking slacker.

I sentence you to 3 months wearing a reflective belt...

HP sauce, also called brown sauce. I'd never heard of it either, before coming here. It's an acquired taste - I hated it at first, but gradually started liking it, in small measures, on things like bacon rolls etc.

HP Sauce - Wikipedia

It is as British as it gets but is now produced in the Netherlands!

Memory jog:- About 17 years ago, I worked at the HP plant in Aston, an area of Birmingham, over the Christmas shutdown period, no bloody heating and snowing outside, an interesting place from an electricians point of view, as most of the installations were , or looked like, pre war vintage, we were up-grading the systems, and adding to existing ones. One machine had open boxes of pressed stoned dates, on the conveyer belt, now static, and I suppose they stayed there until the plant started up after the break. The whole place looked, and felt old and outdated, white hospital type wall tiles, and smooth concrete floors. The lighting was of the old open twin fluorescent type. An interesting place.

OK it isn't quite the same, but many parks have free to use gym equipment.

How do you guys deal with falling out with your fam and stuff?

My sis in Florida hates me, and I Ignore my fam..

Just ignore them all?

Bad move, family is family, and as the days go by, old animosities fade into obscurity, my siblings are spread all over the UK, we do still keep in contact, rarely, as one sister has fallen out with mum, and my brother with dad, and as eldest child I am piggy in the middle, and as we are all retired, and mum and dad are 87 & 92 respectively, and we have between us 15 grandchildren and 8 great grandchildren, now is the time to bury old grudges. Life is too short, and you are a long time dead.

OK - I am drinking some wine - I seriously fell out with my sis over the tel phone call.

I needed it. And my family.

I need some help - logically I should be ok - more like emotionally.

OK - I am drinking some wine - I seriously fell out with my sis over the tel phone call.

Then - and I am not attacking you or trying to make you feel bad - get some help. If nothing else, phone the Samaritans for a bit of a chat - 116 123.

As Jonesy said, drowning problems in booze will only make it worse in the long term.

Redshift, I would also steer clear of Spoons. Yes the scran and beer is cheap, but they are depressing shit holes. A friend of mine drank himself to death in one once they did beer for breakfast.
I know you play it down but you live in the second city of Empire. Enjoy it. It is possible to transverse London from E to W without going on a major road, most of it in parks. Join our amazing libraries, spend time in the British Museum. There are free concerts all the time in the bigger churches.
The best place to be lonely is in a big city, but you can make friends. Join a club, or something. Go to a church meeting. You sound lonely as heck, and this grouping of tossers is hit and miss.
And...relax (me, not you. OK, you too).