London Musings...

The Zafira really has to be one of the worst cars I've ever driven...even for a rental.

After 14 years I finally laid to rest my pride and joy, our 8 seat Toyota space cruiser, her indoors wanted a equally big motor ( 6 Kids) I said no, as 3 now had their own wheels, so we settled on a meriva, again that lasted 13 years, now she wants a Zafira (7 grandchildren) we ended with a Ford B-Max, I know what you think, we have had it 2 years, and it hasn't given us an ounce of trouble, unless you lot out there know something the dealer didn't tell me.!

After 14 years I finally laid to rest my pride and joy, our 8 seat Toyota space cruiser, her indoors wanted a equally big motor ( 6 Kids) I said no, as 3 now had their own wheels, so we settled on a meriva, again that lasted 13 years, now she wants a Zafira (7 grandchildren) we ended with a Ford B-Max, I know what you think, we have had it 2 years, and it hasn't given us an ounce of trouble, unless you lot out there know something the dealer didn't tell me.!
I really don't know much about MPVs - apart from driving them as rentals - so will take your word for it. I have driven both the B-max and Zafira, and in the short duration, much prefer the B-Max.

It looks like a mini mom van!!

It looks like a mini mom van!!

At my age, does it look like I give a fcuk, it does the job, gets me and the Doris from A 2 B, in comfort, with Classic FM, or smooth radio. and has all the bells and whistles that the meriva never had. Its a car, a tool, nothing more. I appreciate that you petrol heads out there judge a man by his wheels, when you grow up, its not so important an issue. Just waking up in the morning is the real deal.

At my age, does it look like I give a fcuk, it does the job, gets me and the Doris from A 2 B, in comfort, with Classic FM, or smooth radio. and has all the bells and whistles that the meriva never had. Its a car, a tool, nothing more. I appreciate that you petrol heads out there judge a man by his wheels, when you grow up, its not so important an issue. Just waking up in the morning is the real deal.
Even my old man has a fancy truck...You can still ride in style!!

Even my old man has a fancy truck...You can still ride in style!!

I see your thinking, unfortunately we do not live in the wide open spaces, with miles of unspoilt highway to cruise along, Britian is a small overcrowded island, my bit is residential on the outskirts of a large village, even the motorways have strict speed restrictions, Ridgeley enforced, And as for a big fancy truck, why would I need one, even a hummer on the roads here stops the traffic, and as for the big rigs your lads drive, they are illegal on our narrow streets. Its a different world over here.

I see your thinking, unfortunately we do not live in the wide open spaces, with miles of unspoilt highway to cruise along, Britian is a small overcrowded island, my bit is residential on the outskirts of a large village, even the motorways have strict speed restrictions, Ridgeley enforced, And as for a big fancy truck, why would I need one, even a hummer on the roads here stops the traffic, and as for the big rigs your lads drive, they are illegal on our narrow streets. Its a different world over here.
Personally I would get a kick pissing people off driving a Dodge Ram on a motorway.

The Redneck playlist would be epic...

Indeed, a friend was over from Australia, back home they have a Ford Ranger there is an identical one parked in my road.
"Thats just like ours, doesn't it look ridiculous here, and yet at home it just fits".