London Musings...

@History_Man ....stepped foot in Hounslow for the first time in life apart from in the Heathrow airport today! Was there to meet a friend to catch up. We went for a curry at this place right next to Hounslow West station called takka tak...randomly found it on Yelp when the original place he wanted to take me to was closed for some reason.

takaa tak | Casual Dining Indian Restaurant in Hounslow

Pretty decent chow. Just wanted to ping you as I know that's your 'hood.

Don't know if you've ever been there.

But bloody hell, keep forgetting how long it takes to get there - was 1.5hrs door to door, now that I've moved ever farther east.
I go to Passage to India on the corner of Station Road and Hanworth Road. It is also conveniently near the Cross Lances pub and Hounslow Station.

@redshift, the other place that I have always used and which is a bit of a local institution is Priya's Tandoori on the junction of Bath Road and The Parkway. Outstanding value-for-money and superb quality!

@redshift, the other place that I have always used and which is a bit of a local institution is Priya's Tandoori on the junction of Bath Road and The Parkway. Outstanding value-for-money and superb quality!
I haven't been to many, but my favs so far have been:
- Dishoom
-Lahore Kebab House
-Tayyab's
-Sagar (fully veggie)

Christ, talking to Northern flatties who barely traveled and think when I say London City airport = they think Heathrow, and don't know it existed in Docklands is hilarious and painful at the same time.

Christ, talking to Northern flatties who barely traveled and think when I say London City airport = they think Heathrow, and don't know it existed in Docklands is hilarious and painful at the same time.
Speaking of Docklands, you’re the same guy who didn’t know there is a ferry between Detroit and Windsor so ya might want to wind it in a tad....

There's a lass up here in Gt Yarmouth, she comes from Penge. She and I were talking a while back about going to see her family, I mentioned the Woolwich Ferry about getting over the Thames.
She said that it goes to France.......

JHFC. unbelievable!

Yeah, it's shocking, unbelievable etc but are they working you dole sponge?

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

It's not that, she was told as a kid that all the ferry's in the SE of our country went to France. So would drive from GY to Penge the long way.
ie, down to the M25 motorway, over the QE11 bridge over the Thames more M25, then A20 towards the city to home.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
British_And_Proud The Intelligence Cell 44
triggerigger Current Affairs, News and Analysis 422
C Jobs Offered 1