London Musings...

I always seem to pick the worst trial shifts. Another 7hr shift serving to pissed (the British usage) Londoners and now I am knackered. Trying to make sense of drunk people is hilarious when you are sober - I keep realizing. I was one of them.

The Offspring and I made a Greens Velvety cheesecake! This should go well after nachos!

Probably don't - so clue me in.
For better or worse, what you consider as your musings in America, in the UK it comes across as moaning, whining, whinging, and so on. You start a thread about it, and personally I thought it was going to be more about your observations of London, not so much an open blog.

You start a thread about it, and personally I thought it was going to be more about your observations of London, not so much an open blog.
Well, I have no shame in openly blogging about both my personal tales and my observations about London - I find London a very fascinating place - just like NYC - another place I spent a good amount of time in. Though, yellow cabs there are quite a bit cheaper than the black cabs here. The black cabs here, by mile wise, are one of the most expensive (if not the most) transportation methods ever. That's an observation for you.

I served about a zillion nachos today - yes, I was also doing the front end of the bar.
Is that all.
I did two zillion nachos and I was at the back of the bar with my man bag around my neck and my hair up in a bun and I never cried about it.
Lightweight you are.

Well, I have no shame in openly blogging about both my personal tales and my observations about London - I find London a very fascinating place - just like NYC - another place I spent a good amount of time in. Though, yellow cabs there are quite a bit cheaper than the black cabs here. The black cabs here, by mile wise, are one of the most expensive (if not the most) transportation methods ever. That's an observation for you.
True about the taxis, I’ve spent times in both cities, except London drivers don’t smell quite as bad as their NYC counterparts, close, but not quite.

True about the taxis, I’ve spent times in both cities, except London drivers don’t smell quite as bad as their NYC counterparts, close, but not quite.
I do have to agree that if you compare the regular cab services of NYC and LON, I prefer LON - but oh so expensive. I only ever use them if it's the last option. Thank god for Uber.

The funny thing is we have a shit ton of Tex-Mexicana and we employ so many Mexicans for all sorts of shit, so it's almost amusing to see all the hatred for them. The U.S., eh?
Don’t confuse Hispanic heritage with Mexican. I know many Hispanics who are pretty anti illegal immigration.

Don’t confuse Hispanic heritage with Mexican. I know many Hispanics who are pretty anti illegal immigration.
Are you fucking kidding me? I don't think anyone is for illegal immigration - I was born in the States to a U.S. mother ( Irish and German heritage) and 'Strayan father with a bit of South Indian (yes, the dotted kind) and NZ heritage - and who is half white - deal with that crap - grew up in a few different countries mate - there you go, I admit it.

But some people need to get the facts straight. Illegal immigration is crap - don't get me wrong - but it's turning out into something which is more than that.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
N Army Reserve 11
British_And_Proud The Intelligence Cell 618
triggerigger Current Affairs, News and Analysis 833