London Musings...

A truck? how big is this "Truck", do you mean lorry? The one my daughter drives is 30 ton capacity, and it takes the loaders, with a fork lift about 20 minutes to load and secure it, and why use a bloody big "Truck" for the family shopping, surely a station wagon or big SUV is sufficient........just an observation......like.
Fuck off.

BBC One - Truckers

Better men than you have tried:- The Vikings, The Danes, The Spanish, Napoleon, The Kaiser, Hitler, Islamic state, all have failed, the romans stayed for 400 years, then buggered off, couldn't, stand the climate . Read Kipling's poem "Normans and Saxons" .....nice try but no cigar...as they say in downtown wherethefuckarewe Montana.

Late edit to add:- Kipling's " The rivers tale" sums up our long history in a nutshell, something the septics would give their eye teeth to have in their history books.
The weather in the UK does seem rather pleasant and nice. It would quite the change to be warm and out of the wind!

A truck? how big is this "Truck", do you mean lorry? The one my daughter drives is 30 ton capacity, and it takes the loaders, with a fork lift about 20 minutes to load and secure it, and why use a bloody big "Truck" for the family shopping, surely a station wagon or big SUV is sufficient........just an observation......like.[/QUOTE

Having a bed to throw stuff in makes life a bit easier, and the Dodge gets better mileage than the SUV.

Station wagon?? The 1970’s died a long time ago, and I don’t care to count hubcaps when I drive or get stuck in the snow.
CF954C4A-2694-4F2A-9EAB-D14C99EE1FB3.jpeg

Notice all the room in the back for groceries...

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
Who the bloody hell designs or converts flats in London? The bog is upstairs with no sink and the shower is downstairs. So you have to saunter up and down the stairs trying to wash your hands. I kept a hand sanitizer in my room for the middle of the night moments. Brits don't seem to do logic. Not the first instance either. Or maybe it's just London.
piss out of the window you lightweight
its a London thing

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
To be fair, the 1953 photo at Putney is a bit of a con. Even today high tides will flood to that extent.

The Thames Barrier works, Bangladesh floods.....often, New York is.........New York ? ;-)

When the Lions drink, London sinks
old tale I used to hear
if you look down on the river walls, you will see rows of Lions heads with mooring rings, London Coppers used to watch them to keep an eye on the tide, if the water comes up to the Lions mouth take care, if he swims London likewise will swim
1550931376227.png

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
If you are near Heathrow then The Ostrich pub in Colnbrook is well worth a visit. Meant to be the oldest pub in the country.

There are a few (a very few) decent boozers in the area. I will post names as and when my memory works.
The George in Southwark used to do a decent beer
pretty ancient old place as well

I bow to your correct choice of shopping vehicle, however, it would not be wise here over the pond, as some low life scumbag would be in the back and away sharpish, the moment you stopped at the lights. Open back vehicles are not that common here, tradesmen and farmers are about the only ones who use them, the high end all singing and dancing variety, with the covers, and hard tops are used by the" look at me brigade".
Over here the average man buys them because they want to come across as either out doorsy, a farmer, or tradesman even though they are just some city dwelling office twaat. The stealing happens here equally, I had my tailgate and trailer hitch stolen off my p/U when I parked it in the city to go to the theatre.

@LJONESY
Buy a PT cruiser, you’ll be the envy of all the lads at the fish and game.....
I hate that bloody car! Though, the turbo one is (just) OK in a straight line. Still hate it though. One of my ex used to have one back in the day - I used to refuse to get into it -what a POS job by Chrysler.

I hate that bloody car! Though, the turbo one is (just) OK in a straight line. Still hate it though. One of my ex used to have one back in the day - I used to refuse to get into it -what a POS job by Chrysler.
You can call them for what they are ya know, gaye.......

They are not gay, just horrible. I'd happily drive a Beetle all day with one of those stupid flower vases sticking out of the dash than this POS.
Dude, they are beyond gaye, if they were in the film Cars, they'd be the ones painted in pink trying to suck on the mustangs or corvettes exhaust pipes.....

When the Lions drink, London sinks
old tale I used to hear
if you look down on the river walls, you will see rows of Lions heads with mooring rings, London Coppers used to watch them to keep an eye on the tide, if the water comes up to the Lions mouth take care, if he swims London likewise will swim
View attachment 379340
Yup, people tend to forget, London is built in a clay basin, a natural tidal pond .

I always seem to pick the worst trial shifts. Another 7hr shift serving to pissed (the British usage) Londoners and now I am knackered. Trying to make sense of drunk people is hilarious when you are sober - I keep realizing. I was one of them.

I always seem to pick the worst trial shifts. Another 7hr shift serving to pissed (the British usage) Londoners and now I am knackered. Trying to make sense of drunk people is hilarious when you are sober - I keep realizing. I was one of them.
More bleating and moaning.