London Musings...

@redshift

No, no, no. Not good enough.

Either keep posting sad sack Bollox until you shit your liver out of your arse or slash your wrists.

Or . . .

A) stay in London and get a job. Or B) Go to Oxford, get a job, find a sexually deranged student and get a fucking life. Or any permutation thereof.

@redshift

No, no, no. Not good enough.

Either keep posting sad sack Bollox until you shit your liver out of your arse or slash your wrists.

Or . . .

A) stay in London and get a job. Or B) Go to Oxford, get a job, find a sexually deranged student and get a ******* life. Or any permutation thereof.
C) fuck off back to the US and get a job?

And whilst I am on the topic WTF happened about Oxford?

Your naturalisation process should have forced you to live in Liverpool.

And whilst I am on the topic WTF happened about Oxford?

Your naturalisation process should have forced you to live in Liverpool.
Christ, steady on. Not even the Bradford lot got forced to live in Liverpool.

You lost me there Rocky!
Immigrants to the UK settled in Bradford and other northern mill towns.

Penniless, desperate immigrants would rather take their chances in dead end towns with no industry than go to Liverpool.

You crack on chap, I just can't help noticing a certain disconnect between "woe is me, I am penniless and alone" and "I drink like a fish". Either one would be fine, just not both together.

Also, people on here can be extremely supportive - there was a bloke called Sven? who was Welsh and morbidly obsese. Sadly nothing could be done about the Welshness but he was sorting himself out on the 'not dying from heart disease' front and I can't remember a single negative comment on the thread he started.

What I'm trying to say is that if you posted something on the lines of "life is shit but I'm doing X, Y and Z" the reception would probably be pretty positive.

Edit - found it, Steff rather than Sven - https://www.arrse.co.uk/community/threads/advice-needed-18yo-27st-tired-of-dreaming.253509/
Yep.

That was a great thread. Rare to see so much positive support for someone on ARRSE.

I recall he was 19 years old and weighed 28 stone. Even the “stop eating all the fucking pies then” posts were backed out by support.

Sadly Steff Anon decided to pursue his previous career of eating himself to death in Greggs, MacDildos, FKC etc rather than take the advice, lose weight and join the army.

Or he died.

Yep.

That was a great thread. Rare to see so much positive support for someone on ARRSE.

I recall he was 19 years old and weighed 28 stone. Even the “stop eating all the ******* pies then” posts were backed out by support.

Sadly Steff Anon decided to pursue his previous career of eating himself to death in Greggs, MacDildos, FKC etc rather than take the advice, lose weight and join the army.

Or he died.
I think he lost a good deal of weight (close on my body weight at the time, 11 stone or close?) and then just disappeared from the site. I like to think he slimmed down and spent time chasing women rather than Greggs.

Last edited:
Immigrants to the UK settled in Bradford and other northern mill towns.

Penniless, desperate immigrants would rather take their chances in dead end towns with no industry than go to Liverpool.
Eeeee. Tell me about it chook. Ah drurve throo Batley terday ter get to Hoodersfield. (I am doing missionary work bringing culture and enlightenment to the poor people of the DPRWY. I may get eaten).

Pedant mode on> the very first immigrants from the subcontinent settled in Hounslow, near the Guards barracks. Pedant Mode off>

Pedant mode on> the very first immigrants from the subcontinent settled in Hounslow, near the Guards barracks. Pedant Mode off>
I can't tell if it's due to the immigrants or the natives (or possibly both) but Hounslow is a fucking dump.

I can't tell if it's due to the immigrants or the natives (or possibly both) but Hounslow is a ******* dump.
You can make of this what you like but in the sixties and early seventies Hounslow was a fairly respectable town, insofar as it was not a complete fucking dump.

You can make of this what you like but in the sixties and early seventies Hounslow was a fairly respectable town, insofar as it was not a complete ******* dump.
I will never forget the first time I was there, I saw at the time what I thought was the strangest thing. It was a Sikh lad in full garb, but overtop he was wearing a blue denim vest and the back panel was one of those sew on jobs for def leopard .....

My thoughts entirely as well.
All the poor me's are wearing thin.
It is possible that he is a bullshitter, or as I have said previously on this thread another @Hoverpot.
Sometimes I think he is just demonstrating the qualities of his new found homeland. You lot are not exactly known as being a positive, optimistic race of people.

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
.......... Pedant mode on> the very first immigrants from the subcontinent settled in Hounslow, near the Guards barracks. Pedant Mode off>
And, iirc,the very first mosque (mid-to-late 19th C) was in Woking.