London Musings...

I think he is Hoverpot MkII attempting to get people to feel sorry for him and shell out some shekels.
Aye, with his heart on his sleeve he's just here blogging his role as the duty 'someone' as in:

"No matter how badly off you might think you are you'll always find someone who is in worse position than you are."

Elusive is it not? That happiness which his lot are forever doomed to be occupying themselves in the pursuit thereof.

If you are near Heathrow then The Ostrich pub in Colnbrook is well worth a visit. Meant to be the oldest pub in the country.

There are a few (a very few) decent boozers in the area. I will post names as and when my memory works.
The Harrow Inn in Charlton Village near Shepperton is also well worth a visit too. It is, reputedly, the oldest pub in Middlesex.

I thought the Trip to Jerusalem under Nottingham Castle was the oldist in the country.
It’s a much fought over title.

Here are fifteen of the “oldest” pubs in Britain:
The 15 oldest pubs in the UK, ranked according to their claims

The Ostrich isn’t even in the list despite it clearly being older than many of the pubs in that list.

I think it depends on how you measure it. There are a lot of weasel words such as “ale served on this site since . . . “ etc.

I saw an ex-pub in Castleton in Derbyshire yesterday. Now an Italian restaurant called the 1530. It was built in 1530 and “modernised” in 1627. Bleeding vandals, wrecking our architectural heritage with their modernist ideas.

The Harrow Inn in Charlton Village near Shepperton is also well worth a visit too. It is, reputedly, the oldest pub in Middlesex.
Yes. I will second that.

Lovely old boozer. Used to stop off there for a drink after work as it was on my rat route from Datchet to Byfleet avoiding the M25 hell.

So my Fri night date is not happening - she apparently got called into a late shift - I actually even have no idea what she does. Which means, I have more leeway with stuff. If it happens this weekend, it does, I really don't give a crap. Just more thoughts. Meanwhile, my awesome (and jet lagged - I can't believe he went to work on the same day he landed after a 30hr trip from OZ) flatmate cooked some dinner - I did do all the washing up.

But tomorrow, I have a chat with a local bar manager for some part time work and expecting to hear back about something more concrete.

So, this is what transpired tonight:
- the flattie I am subletting from whom I was supposed to have this current place for another 3 weeks wants to come back in 10days. Yeah, thanks, lady
- still waiting for the permanent jobby people to get back to me
- have a chat with a cool bar around the corner for a part-time job for which I am now not sure off
- May have a temp job from next week, for which I might need a suit for - even primark quality
- My ex just texted me saying she can't pay for her bills

And this is why I drink.
Just a thought but maybe, given your current money troubles and situation, getting out of your skull on booze might not be the best approach? Especially as you're in that London and I've never had a pint there that cost less than 4 quid.

So my Fri night date is not happening - she apparently got called into a late shift - I actually even have no idea what she does. Which means, I have more leeway with stuff. If it happens this weekend, it does, I really don't give a crap. Just more thoughts. Meanwhile, my awesome (and jet lagged - I can't believe he went to work on the same day he landed after a 30hr trip from OZ) flatmate cooked some dinner - I did do all the washing up.

But tomorrow, I have a chat with a local bar manager for some part time work and expecting to hear back about something more concrete.
So, more poor things.

Well I have just been handed my next fuck you work task with a deadline of July 1st.

Just a thought but maybe, given your current money troubles and situation, getting out of your skull on booze might not be the best approach? Especially as you're in that London and I've never had a pint there that cost less than 4 quid.
I ain't doing booze - had two double espressos in the last couple of hours as a matter of fact. And pints do cost less than that. I had one the other day for an IPA for 3.60 - in Shoreditch. Even I was surprised.

I ain't doing booze - had two double espressos in the last couple of hours as a matter of fact. And pints do cost less than that. I had one the other day for an IPA for 3.60 - in Shoreditch. Even I was surprised.
Today, posted 45 minutes past midnight:
And this is why I drink.
Shome mishtake, shurely?

Nah mate. I will be fine. If shit doesn't happen, it doesn't happen. People have lives to lead.
Yes, people do have different lives to lead, but you in the last 3 or 4 months seem to have been putting your sad existence on here, frequently.
You were never in the Artillery by any chance, were you?

Today, posted 45 minutes past midnight:

Shome mishtake, shurely?
I was replying to a question recently - not earlier. Been sober all f-ing day. Probably shouldn't have been. Been busy searching for productive jobs and answering emails, hence the coffee.

That was last night when trying to comprehend what the f I am trying to do.

Yes, people do have different lives to lead, but you in the last 3 or 4 months seem to have been putting your sad existence on here, frequently.
You were never in the Artillery by any chance, were you?
Mental health and addiction to substance abuse - to which I probably am - and which I probably am guilty of - and openly acknowledge of plays a big factor. Sad existence - hard to say - possibly - compared to the 100k+ earner I was. I've heard it's good getting stuff out in the open, sometimes, modern man and all. Maybe I was wrong. Probably will be my last post about my travails.

I was replying to a question recently - not earlier. Been sober all f-ing day. Probably shouldn't have been. Been busy searching for productive jobs and answering emails, hence the coffee.

That was last night when trying to comprehend what the f I am trying to do.
You crack on chap, I just can't help noticing a certain disconnect between "woe is me, I am penniless and alone" and "I drink like a fish". Either one would be fine, just not both together.

Also, people on here can be extremely supportive - there was a bloke called Sven? who was Welsh and morbidly obsese. Sadly nothing could be done about the Welshness but he was sorting himself out on the 'not dying from heart disease' front and I can't remember a single negative comment on the thread he started.

What I'm trying to say is that if you posted something on the lines of "life is shit but I'm doing X, Y and Z" the reception would probably be pretty positive.

Edit - found it, Steff rather than Sven - https://www.arrse.co.uk/community/threads/advice-needed-18yo-27st-tired-of-dreaming.253509/