London Musings...

Went to meet my first in person commercial recruiter - Aussies - to have a chat and drop off info for what I may be looking for. Ideally some temp work to tide me over till other perm stuff comes through.

I really am in a world of Antipodeans.

I think that Krom liked The Pheasant, it's my local in that part of the world. I drank the Maltsmith's IPA, he stuck the Staropramen.
Oh please, you do yourself a dis-service! You also drank (understandably as you were driving) a lovely girly non-alcoholic cocktail complete with extra fruit and TWO straws.

(He did remove the straws - but, he'll still be remembered by the bar staff ;) )

Thanks for a good night @History_Man

Oh please, you do yourself a dis-service! You also drank (understandably as you were driving) a lovely girly non-alcoholic cocktail complete with extra fruit and TWO straws.

(He did remove the straws - but, he'll still be remembered by the bar staff ;) )

Thanks for a good night @History_Man
Did he have a cocktail umbrella in it as well? ;)

How did your drinks go anyways? Fun? I've never really been to that part of London - apart from passing through Heathrow a zillion times.
If you are near Heathrow then The Ostrich pub in Colnbrook is well worth a visit. Meant to be the oldest pub in the country.

There are a few (a very few) decent boozers in the area. I will post names as and when my memory works.

If you are near Heathrow then The Ostrich pub in Colnbrook is well worth a visit. Meant to be the oldest pub in the country.

There are a few (a very few) decent boozers in the area. I will post names as and when my memory works.
I thought the Trip to Jerusalem under Nottingham Castle was the oldist in the country.

London's got so many freaking boozers you probably need a few life times to visit them all, unless your daily mission it it do it every single day. Will probably still struggle.

So, this is what transpired tonight:
- the flattie I am subletting from whom I was supposed to have this current place for another 3 weeks wants to come back in 10days. Yeah, thanks, lady
- still waiting for the permanent jobby people to get back to me
- have a chat with a cool bar around the corner for a part-time job for which I am now not sure off
- May have a temp job from next week, for which I might need a suit for - even primark quality
- My ex just texted me saying she can't pay for her bills

And this is why I drink.

- the flattie I am subletting from whom I was supposed to have this current place for another 3 weeks wants to come back in 10days. Yeah, thanks, lady
- have a chat with a cool bar around the corner for a part-time job for which I am now not sure off
- May have a temp job from next week, for which I might need a suit for - even primark quality

And this is why I drink.
- School night at Chick-Fil-A. “Gabby” was working the register, and she is a hot college slam piece. A few minutes of casual flirting gets me 4 BBQ sauces 4 Chick-Fil-A sauces and a pretty decent eye roll from the wife. However she has no problems whoring me out for extra sauce cups.

-Had the audacity to expect wife and youngest Sprog to share ice cream...
Given the stink eye by spouse and daughter for telling them tough shit.

-Tonight Overlord dropped in the on demand cable section. Claimed the TV and told the wife she can catch up on Greys tomorrow.

- School night at Chick-Fil-A. “Gabby” was working the register, and she is a hot college slam piece. A few minutes of casual flirting gets me 4 BBQ sauces 4 Chick-Fil-A sauces and a pretty decent eye roll from the wife. However she has no problems whoring me out for extra sauce cups.

-Had the audacity to expect wife and youngest Sprog to share ice cream...
Given the stink eye by spouse and daughter for telling them tough shit.

-Tonight Overlord dropped in the on demand cable section. Claimed the TV and told the wife she can catch up on Greys tomorrow.
F-you and your normal life mate. In a nice way.

I've really got to deal with shit now. Time to take some names and kick some ass.

Hey we will be pushing the envelope with a 2130 bed time on a Tuesday.

Have you told the ex to go fist herself with a Pineapple yet?

I would've done that except I didn't want to completely burn any possible bridges. She owes me a few grand. So, I kindly told her off to f-off, in a nice way, whereby if I do text her, she won't got mental.

p.s: remind me: don't buy shit ahead/ pay ahead for things they owe you.

I would've done that except I didn't want to completely burn any possible bridges. She owes me a few grand. So, I kindly told her off to f-off, in a nice way, whereby if I do text her, she won't got mental.

p.s: remind me: don't buy shit ahead/ pay ahead for things they owe you.
Well you ain’t gonna get any money back
from her. You can’t squeeze blood out of a turnip. Your financial choices are yours alone to make, I will hit my ten year in July. The idea of financial freedom is scary, and dangerous.

Go have fun with the Kiwi chick!

P.S. The new Star Wars Armada miniatures are OTW! Some dice rolling with the oldest offspring will be happening this weekend!

And this is why I drink.
You`re fookin pathetic, jump in the Thames until you are drowned. :boogie::wave: