London Musings...

If your uncomfortable with the heat in your attic, how will you cope in Australia?
Because most places have aircon...at least in the main cities anyways. Top tip, don't jump in a car in shorts and try to put on the seat belt in summer instantly, your hands and thighs won't be happy. Learned the lesson a good few times.

Next couple of days should be even more fun...33 and 35 forecasted. I am decamping to this aircon'd cafe near my place or just find a place next to the river which is breezy.

The problem - as I said before - is not heat per se, it's the lack of crossflow ventilation. At my old place, I was totally fine with even higher temps like we experienced last summer.

You know it's a bit warm when a bartender says that she is glad she works in this section of the bar than the other, just because it has better aircon.

Having to pay for 6.50 for a pint of Frontier at Fullers in central London..no wonder I like 'Spoons better.

Never again.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Well...I thought it being a Fuller's, i thought it would be decently priced as most of them are and didn't enquire.
It's the "Central London bonus", I pay around £3.50-£4 for what I drink locally, go uptown and that turns into £5 minimum, higher rent, higher business rates, higher beer prices!

It's the "Central London bonus", I pay around £3.50-£4 for what I drink locally, go uptown and that turns into £5 minimum, higher rent, higher business rates, higher beer prices!
Well been a while since doing some drinking, especially in the Central parts, the local 'Spoons at 1.99 to 3.25 (even for a Punk IPA) seems downright cheap.

Well...I thought it being a Fuller's, i thought it would be decently priced as most of them are and didn't enquire.

True dit,by way of an example:- A long tiring journey In the early hours of the morning got me to a motorway service station, where I ordered a coffee, it was poured and presented to me, with the price being" That will be "£2.50 please" this was about 15 years ago, WHAT!, no bloody chance, I turned around and walked out. until you have paid for it, its their property.

Murders and stabbings, it's all part and parcel of living in a big city

London's changing so fast even the usually very up to date Citymapper can't keep up with all the construction blockages and diversions...never mind Google Maps.

I can't quite recognize the City anymore...and I worked here for 6 years..

You know you have been frequenting a place long enough when you can communicate your order of something with a cute lady bartender without even uttering a word and just with nods.

Latest Threads