London Musings...

It can't be, as a truck driver I've delivered to both places. Croydon is a 'effing nightmare, Romfords a piece of piss in comparison!!
Plus we're better North of the Thames........ Oooh! Controversial!!!!

It can't be, as a truck driver I've delivered to both places. Croydon is a 'effing nightmare, Romfords a piece of piss in comparison!!
Plus we're better North of the Thames........ Oooh! Controversial!!!!

Not controversial, fact, The entertainment, shopping, commerce, sightseeing, government, and the bulk of the london underground is north of the Thames, what's south? the IWM, and borough market, that's it. Oh, and hoards of locals who wished they lived in the north.

Not controversial, fact, The entertainment, shopping, commerce, sightseeing, government, and the bulk of the london underground is north of the Thames, what's south? the IWM, and borough market, that's it. Oh, and hoards of locals who wished they lived in the north.
You aren't going to start talking all funny again are you?

Greenwich? The farthest I lived south...but there was the DLR...so was OK....and you had a nice big FO park next to you.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
No, I don't, I spent 6 months working & living in North London (Harlesden and Willesden), I couldn't wait to get back South!

No, I don't, I spent 6 months working & living in North London (Harlesden and Willesden), I couldn't wait to get back South!

I too many years ago worked in north west london, the same area, and yes, its grotty, however the industrial estates and small factory units are very much the same wherever you go, as are the shopping streets of residential areas. Working in south london in tooting, Deptford, and Thornton heath, all looked, and felt very much like any other area in london. Its the entrainment centres that attract, Brixton has its venues, as does Lewisham and god help us , Croydon, but the best in England has to be the west end of london, theatre and cinemas, exhibition row houses the best and biggest museums in the country, all the major parks are in north london, and royal residences, the square mile has 2000 years of history, and the wholesale markets, all in north london. I suppose its what you have grown up with, and what you are comfortable with. Its also the home of the cheeky chirpy cockney, beloved by all script writers, film directors, and the world in general, it doesn't get any better than that,.. guv!

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
I too many years ago worked in north west london, the same area, and yes, its grotty, however the industrial estates and small factory units are very much the same wherever you go, as are the shopping streets of residential areas. Working in south london in tooting, Deptford, and Thornton heath, all looked, and felt very much like any other area in london. Its the entrainment centres that attract, Brixton has its venues, as does Lewisham and god help us , Croydon, but the best in England has to be the west end of london, theatre and cinemas, exhibition row houses the best and biggest museums in the country, all the major parks are in north london, and royal residences, the square mile has 2000 years of history, and the wholesale markets, all in north london. I suppose its what you have grown up with, and what you are comfortable with. Its also the home of the cheeky chirpy cockney, beloved by all script writers, film directors, and the world in general, it doesn't get any better than that,.. guv!
When you say in North London, it's not North London per se, they are just over the Thames, not deepest, darkest Brent or Haringey. Billingsgate - Canary Wharf, Smithfield - just along from St Pauls and Nine Elms - Battersea.

When you say in North London, it's not North London per se, they are just over the Thames, not deepest, darkest Brent or Haringey. Billingsgate - Canary Wharf, Smithfield - just along from St Pauls and Nine Elms - Battersea.

You are sir, quite correct, my observation was north of the river. Not the true postal definition of the area.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Your local weatherman chiming in...

f-ing hell is it windy today! 10 mins of pure gale force winds, then rain, then sun again...don't even know what to wear or carry around.....repeat rinse every half hour...all day....yes, this is the UK, but today has been even crazier.

Your local weatherman chiming in...

f-ing hell is it windy today! 10 mins of pure gale force winds, then rain, then sun again...don't even know what to wear or carry around.....repeat rinse every half hour...all day....yes, this is the UK, but today has been even crazier.

Exactly the same up here 135 miles due north of you, lunatic weather, one minute black clouds and torrential rain and winds, then streaming sunshine, a few minutes, rain, dark sky's and more bloody gale force wind. crazy.

Latest Threads