London military parade generates 1 person story .... ARRSED!

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by ghost_us, Oct 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Edited: Incorrect news story.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article341404.ece

2. Post deleted because both I, and the Sun, were talking a load of shi'ite.

3. Look for the Somme Company thread, and read what really occured

4. Will do. Last thiung I wanna do is go off on some ill informed half rant...

5. I did a search and couldn't find it. Do you have a link?

6. FFS

Whatever you think of newton dung, the sun seems to be pushing the forces/civvy support story a fair bit

7. You got a link

8. In the Just TA section of the Forum, it was also in another thread on here somewhere.

9. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

10. There :)

11. So there, it was the Sun FFS

12. That's a relief. Thanks for point it out and setting me straight.

13. Quote from other thread

"fantastic parade today to welcome back Somme Company and you may well see coverage on TV/print (London Tonight will be on today at 17.25, but also expecting BBC News & London and Channel 4) as the world and his wife seemed to be there from the media. Please ignore any lines about "absence of public lining the streets" that might appear; from the outset it was designed as family/regimental event and it remained so - the blokes only marched about 400 yards from the form-up point into Guildhall Yard.

Haven't worked out how to put in a picture, so apologies but none to show you.

Once again, and for the last time from me, welcome home Somme Company and enjoy your well-earned POTL."

Fair shout, camera never lies (not)etc

Still it keeps the profile of returning troops up

14. "The soldiers are the 140 men of Somme Company, the Grenadier Guards — traditionally the Army’s most senior regiment. They include more than 90 Territorial Army soldiers from The London Regiment."

I love this.

140 blokes, of whom 90 are TA from the London Regiment ( plus atts ) and an OC who wear the Jocks ToS but was F ( RGJ ) Coy Londons prior to deployment...

15. Opening headline edited by me.

ARRSED - When a 'news' story is exposed as garbage.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.